I lean closer, flipping on my hoodie so that it covers my face and listen more closely.

"Oh and I mean I started to date too." She says awkwardly. "I'm sorry I didn't get to introduce him to you but he'll make some time I'm sure." She pities her partner. "I just hope that I'll be lucky enough to save him from harm now that I'm older."

Confusion spreads across my face as I try to connect the pieces. But from what I can only tell is that this is a private moment she wants to keep to herself.

"But I just want you to know.." She trails off and lowers her head. "I..I'm always thinking about you two. And I really really wish that I would've done things differently and that I hope that I'll be stronger to save myself from harm."

Her voice shakes as she covers her mouth from a loud whimper.

A part of me wants to console her but I don't know who this girl is personally. But from having my own experience of losing someone, I really can't do much other than say sorry.

Instead, I started to walk away from her personal matters.

"Just know that what I'm doing is for you and that I'll put whoever took you away from me to their own grav-

Snap.

My body freezes as my foot lands on a stick that just split into two. If I'm in the clear, maybe she didn't hear me.

"Who's out there?" Her voice echoes.

Fuck. Now I'm in deep shit.

I'm still in the same position I was deciding or not whether I should flee the scene or probably avoid talking.

"I can see you from here." She says. "If you plan on killing me tonight, just know that I can fight back too."

Amusement washes over my face as I turn around with my hoodie covering up my features. "Well then you picked the wrong place,sweetheart."

I cover up my voice through an American accent as the SIDD speech specialist taught me.

"Trust me, I think it's fitting if you even overheard my conversation." She mutters back.

"Look, I'm sorry if I intruded over your little heart to heart moment. I didn't mean to snoop over and watch you like some serial killer, which I'm not ." I walk closer with my hands up in innocence, just nearing the fence that divides the trees and the gravesite.

When I see her image, she's more stunning than I could ever see in such daylight. The moon just gives her the right amount of perfection.

"I would pull out my flashlight on my phone and see what you look like but it's literally about to die." She shrugs.

"I'm..I'm Brianna."

I nod my head. "I'm..Tommy by the way."

"Not to be rude or anything Tommy, but it's kinda creepy that you're in this part of town lingering in the dark."

"You're one to talk. You're out here by yourself."

"It's Greendale. Nothing really bad or exciting happens." Her voice draws off.

"Then shouldn't your boyfriend be concerned about you at least?"

"If only he had the decency and care unlike most people." Her head nudges over to me and suddenly I feel a warmth of compassion on my cheeks. "But I just needed to get some things off my chest that I've been holding off for a while."