Chapter 40

The first item on my training agenda Monday morning was to review my hard and soft limits with Elizabeth, as Madeleine had requested. We spent hours together discussing the list as Elizabeth went over every one of the two hundred or so questions in meticulous detail, asking me if anything had changed, diving into all of them to note any nuances that may help during a scene to push my boundaries without crossing any "hard no" subjects.

Was I open to light bondage? Yes.

Heavy Bondage? Yes.

Spanking? Yes.

Riding Crops. Yes.

Face Slapping? Maybe.

Breath Play? Probably.

Watersports? No.

Medical scenes? What?

We had established my safeword at the beginning of my training the previous week but did a small exercise on what to say to influence a scene and how to read and respond to different signals. These signals would be used during scenes to check if things were OK or if I needed a break or wanted to slow down. Everything had to remain covert to maintain the illusion for the audience.

Elizabeth reviewed my schedule with me, letting me know which people would train me over the next week, as well as a summary about each Dom, to ensure I felt as comfortable as possible with the arrangement. Edward and her would train me for one week before I moved on to two more Doms for the following week. I would have a couple of days off from physical training between each week of training. However, during that time, I still had to memorize different protocols and practice interacting and conversing with the members, creating exciting conversations with them even when I did not know anything about the topic discussed. It seemed much like finishing school, of sorts. I would train with all the Doms throughout my training, except for Madeleine, whom I would meet with weekly to review my progress reports to help her direct my training for the coming week and be instructed in conversational skills. Victor was the other notable absence, but I put that down to him having too many other responsibilities.

There were so many rules and guidelines to keep in mind when interacting with the members at the club or with the Dom if I was doing high-protocol training with them, and it felt like I was studying for the most extensive exam of my life but with more pressure. There were no make-up exams. I could be let go without hesitation or a second chance if it was decided that I was not trainable. I would have to prove my worth at every encounter with the other members, my trainers, and, most importantly, Madeleine. My schedule had been meticulously detailed, but at least the first week seemed easy enough. I expected that the future weeks were bound to be more demanding.

My initial training was set to be completed just before the upcoming masquerade theme event in a few weeks. I remembered Mandy describing the yearly event, Venetian masks only and no other clothing, save for footwear if desired. Perhaps that was why Madeleine had me parade around nude at the private parties last weekend.

My first actual training session began with a promising start. I was introduced to Edward, a stranger to me until then, and we started by discussing his objectives for the session. He informed me he would assess my natural threshold for pain and also wanted me to practice non-verbal communication through hand signals and body language, as there would be times when I couldn't speak. I followed his instructions, undressing to my underwear, complying without hesitation. Edward restrained my wrists with padded leather cuffs hanging from a ceiling hook, resembling the ones I had seen Elizabeth using on stage. He then fastened a ball gag into my mouth, the scent of rubber filling my nostrils while he worked to secure my ankles to cuffs connected to the floor. From the assortment hanging on the nearby wall, he selected a flogger. Its look indicated that this particular instrument would deliver more of a stinging sensation rather than a dull thud, from what I had learned at the sex shop.