Last Chapter :)

19th October:

Birthdays are something most people consider significant, it's the anniversary of a person's birth as well as a chance to celebrate what's to come and connect with friends and family. Out of all the birthdays in a human's life, there are some that appear more special than the rest, such as the sweet sixteens, the golden birthday, and the 19th birthday. As known to the general public, a 19th birthday only occurs once in any living creature's life span -besides the creatures with a shorter life span that is.

Nineteenth birthday parties are often overshadowed by the milestone 18th and 21st birthdays. A 19th birthday party is special because it is the last birthday as a teenager, and it should be celebrated properly. Celebrating it gives the person an opportunity to appreciate how far they've come in life and to connect to their past, present, and future. Today marks the 19th birthday of Pham Hanni, which means it's her special day and if anybody ruins it Danielle Marsh will behead them using a scythe or literally any sharp (or dull) object within her reach.

Hanni knows that even if she didn't mention anything about it, Danielle and the rest would have prepared something for her special day anyway. She noticed it when they started randomly disappearing and leaving her with just one of them a few days ago yet she chose to remain silent because she knew it was out of their love for her and that alone was enough to stop herself from prying and ruining the surprise. She loves how they show affection through things like so, she wonders how she got so lucky to end up with this kind of friend group.

Her parents called her that morning to wish her a happy birthday and apologize for not being able to celebrate it with her but they did mention mailing a present to her apartment so she has something to look forward to when she gets back from the trip. They also took the chance to tell Hanni to be careful and use protection for whatever reasons they didn't bother telling her before hanging up, leaving Hanni a blushing mess at 8 am in the morning (she just woke up).

It was a bit weird that Danielle didn't wake her up because she's usually the one to knock on her door and pull off her blanket when she overslept but she came to the conclusion that it was part of the surprise. Getting out of bed was a lot harder than expected when her pillow suddenly felt criminally soft and fluffy. Against the temptation to stay, she got up and headed to the shower, not letting such a silly reason stop her from enjoying her birthday to the fullest.

Feeling the natural grogginess when she transitions from being asleep to awake, she splashes her face with cold water since the shock of cold temperature stimulates the human nervous system, waking her up more quickly and helping her look and feel more alert and energized. She opts to take a cold shower to jumpstart her day and pick her most comfortable outfit to wear.

As she made her way to Danielle's room to check on her, she found the room empty. Not giving much thought, she went downstairs to grab a cup of milk from the fridge but the curtains were closed so she could barely see her way down, relying solely on her sense of touch to avoid falling, trying to find the light switch. Just as she thought she had found the switch, she felt something touch her hand.

"OH MY GOSH, WHAT THE FUCK-" She fell.

Luckily, she was already on the first floor so she didn't stumble down the stairs like the most based clumsy main female protagonist in children's cartoons (Yes, I am referring to Marinette Dupain-Cheng) and break anything but she did fall bum first, leaving a painful sting.

"Happy Birthday!" She heard cheers and party poppers and then tried to look up but the sudden amount of lights entering her eyes made it hard for her, somebody switched it on already, doubling her pain. This was not how she had envisioned her day would be like but then again, with her chaotic friends, she should've expected something like this to occur. Finally getting her eyes to work, she looks up to find Danielle and Minji holding up a banner with 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY' written in bold with birthday-ey drawing around it while the two younger girls had remains of the party poppers in hand.