Chapter 6

"Hi"

"Hi," Minji smiled when she heard Hanni's voice.

Today was another day of taking care of the convenience store with barely any customers due to the season but there was still some people in their neighborhood who came there to buy house necessities such as cooking oil or kids who stop by to buy candy so her parents decided not to close it yet, they planned to close it by October and luckily, it was just in a few more days, 4 more days to be more precise.

 It was supposedly another boring day of sitting behind the same old counter for the past 26 days since holidays started, that is, is it wasn't for Hanni.

She insisted on coming there everyday to 'help out' around the store despite it being empty 80% of the time and would often use the 'I just like the vibe here' excuse when confronted by questions from the taller girl, but Minji knew, all Hanni wanted was to spend time with her and the thought alone made her feel like she was on cloud nine. 

Both of them were painfully obvious about their attraction towards each other but also painfully oblivious at the same time.

It was taking everything Danielle had just to push down the urge to slam their heads together into a kiss like they were those Barbie dolls she used to play with as a kid or so that's what she tells Hanni. 

Danielle wasn't with Hanni that day, she went to play with Hazel alongside Haerin and Hyein.

"Anything I can help with today?" Hanni questioned, knowing there was literally nothing that had to get done.

"You could help take away my boredom," Minji murmured, putting her head on the counter.

"And how exactly should I do that?" she closed the door behind her, walking towards the counter, leaning forward on it.

"I don't know, make me laugh?" she lifted her head to look at the girl, bad idea.

Both of them froze in place, Minji's face was only inches away from Hanni's and neither of them knew how to react.Her dark brown orbs stared right into the younger girl and she could've sworn time stopped in that moment, it felt like her heart was doing backflips, if that was even possible.

Hanni was quick to pull away, standing up properly as she run her fingers through hair while looking down in an attempt to hide how flushed she was, "Um, you want me to make a joke?" she looked back at Minji who was now sitting up awkwardly.

"That'll work," she propped her elbows on the counter, trying to calm her heart down, really hoping Hanni hadn't notice how loud her heart was beating for her.

The Vietnamese girl crossed her arms, making a thinking expression, "What did the Korean onion say to the ham?" she finally said her joke, holding back a chuckle, already laughing at her own joke, "I heard it somewhere and I find it really funny"

Minji started thinking and after a few seconds, she gave up, she really had no idea what it could be so she asked, "What?"

"Onionhamsayyo," Hanni burst out laughing, covering her mouth with her right hand.