Rebel 1

I had never planned on befriending the Camerons. That is something I can say honestly. After what happened between Sarah and Kie, whatever that is, I promised myself she would never be anything to me. But sometimes things happen.

The day after Topper's party I snuck back into Kie's house, having slept on a very comfortable outdoor furniture set. I was looking rather crusty, still in the same clothes as the day before, and smelling of all sorts of alcohol. Somehow, I made it safely into my room and quickly showered before anyone caught notice of my state. Or so I thought.

"Lucy, could you come downstairs?" I heard Ann call from the kitchen. 'Oh fuck' I thought to myself.

"Yeah, I'll be right there," I replied quickly before throwing on a pair of cotton pants and a tight singlet.

"What's up?" I asked politely as I made my way into the kitchen. I attempted to be nonchalant and aimlessly look in the refrigerator well speaking, hopefully, to distract from whatever she thought I had been up to.

"I need you to be honest with me Lu," She spoke intensely. I turned and faced her now, assessing the situation was probably a good idea. She was looking down at something with her glasses slightly off her face.

She looked up at me and sighed, "What color should we make the new cabinets, I have been staring at this all morning and cannot decide for the life of me."

A visible wave of relief flowed through my body. I couldn't help but let out a nervous laugh. "Of course, umm. How about that dusty blue? It would highlight the white of the trim." As I spoke, Kie made her way into the kitchen swiftly. She pulled out a breakfast bar and two juice boxes saying a quick, "Bye." Before heading out the door.

"Ah- You know what, I would rather not know where that girl is going," Anna spoke in a very sassy tone.

-

I stood frozen in thought as I entered my room for the second time that morning, realizing something I hadn't earlier. A particular stuffed sea lion was left sitting on my desk. This meant one of two things, A) Kie knew I hadn't been home last night, or B) She was hiding something from me. Over my years of friendship with Kie, I have never once seen her openly show anyone her emotional support sea lion. I had to stumble across it to find out.

So it being abandoned in my room had to mean she came to see me and left it there for me to find or she had someone in her room that she didn't want to know about the toy.

Immediately I started investigating.

The door creaked open, revealing Kie's neatly organized room with its ocean-themed decor. The morning sun glowed warmly through her sheer curtains and illuminated the entire room. I scanned the area for any signs of a nighttime guest, no extra towel from a morning shower, and only one water glass on the bedside table. I thought, I have to be wrong then, she must have been out last night. I guessed she would have just stayed at the chateau with JJ since they were determined to keep a close eye on John B.

As I was leaving the room, I quickly scanned Kie's desk and spotted her burner phone. Kie is quite a resourceful person, and as expected, she has a backup plan for her backup plan. She owns a shitty spare phone, which she uses to keep the things she doesn't want her parents to find out about. It's quite a clever strategy if you ask me. Not so genius to leave it behind when you're up to something though.

-

* Incorrect password *

"What? When did she change it." I said to myself. "Maybe I put the code in wrong,"

* Incorrect password *

Okay, she's definitely hiding something. Kie knows I have the password for her burner, so she must have purposely changed it so I couldn't see what she's up to.

Bitch.