Chapter 2: Boomer

Mulai dari awal

"Ponk?" called Boomer, tilting his head to the side.

"Uh? Oh, Boomer! What's up lil man?" greeted the masked man, giving an affectionate look.

"Do we have any suckers left?" asked Boomer, as he hopped onto the island stool.

"Oh, sorry man. I don't think so. Ya see, your dad asked me to go grocery shopping today while he went to work and Mr. Bad was supposed to come over and babysit you guys" informed Ponk, rubbing the back of his neck.

"But he and Sapnap got sick so they can't come. The store is only a five minute ride from here on my bike but I don't know if I trust myself to leave you guys, especially with a new kid in the house" he muttered.

"We'll be fine. Q, George, and Hannah are busy playing on their own upstairs so they won't know. I can even watch the baby" offered Boomer, tilting his head side to side,

"Are you sure? I know you are the oldest but I don't wanna burden you with the responsibility of taking care of things on your own" questioned Ponk, nervously.

"It's fine, I can deal with my siblings on my own. Though in payment, you have to promise to bring me insect suckers or else" nodded Boomer, with a smirk on his face.

"Wha- you and Hannah are learning too much from those crazy crime shows but fine. Also don't tell your dad I left you guys alone" sighed Ponk.

"Deal!" smiled Boomer, extending his hand.

Ponk's shoulders wilted as he shook the white hair kid's hand. He then turned to grab his supreme wallet and headed towards the door. Boomer jumped from the chair and followed after him.

"Tommy is napping right now. If he wakes while I'm gone, just give him one of the toys in the wooden box by the closet. It'll keep him entertained until I get back" informed Ponk, as he was half way out the door.

"Gotcha, Big P." nodded Boomer, giving a thumbs up.

The masked man returned the thumbs up before darting out the door. The frog boy walked over towards the window and peered out. Ponk was walking over to his motorbike and getting onto it. Boomer watched him start it up and drive out into the street and down the road until he was out of view. He then walked away from the window and headed back upstairs. He might as well keep an eye on the other three for now.

As the white haired kid reached Quackity's door, he noticed the door to the baby's room was slightly open. Just the sight had filled Boomer with curiosity. He had seen the room when it was an extra room used for storage but not as the way it was now. Boomer looked between the door handle and the cracked open door, trying to fight his curiosity. In the end, curiosity won since he probably was gonna have to go in there when the baby woke up. Boomer began to slowly creep across and down the hallway towards the door. Once at it, he pushed it wider open and slid inside.

Everything was much different and bright than before. The once dark yellow part of the walls was now painted over with a pale blue above the white lining. The hard floor was completely done over with a gray carpet and a blue rug in the center of the room. A cushioned rocking chair was placed in the corner next to the wooden shelf with books on it. Under said shelf was a woven box, which Boomer assumed was what Ponk was talking about. And finally there was a wooden dresser across from where the crib was.

The frog boy slowly walked over to it and peek into it. Just as the masked man said, the blonde child seemed to be sound asleep. Boomer had obviously seen Tommy being carried around or sitting at the dinner table but he never really got a really good look at him. His hair was very fluff and much lighter blonde than Boomer realized. A few scarce freckles seemed to decorate his pale skin around his nose, along with a very thin scar marking the side of his cheek. It was a faded scar so he wasn't going to make a fuss about it. Another thing Boomer noticed was the very pointy ears of the infant. They were tilting downwards but they were very pointy. Human children didn't have pointy ears. Was Tommy not human? Was he a hybrid or something else?