26-still not over!

Start from the beginning

"I didn't drop out of the case" Lainie pointed "I withdrew, because both yours involvement created a conflict of interest"

"Well, we are not involved anymore, can someone do something?" Clay argued.

"I am involved C" Mia said softly " I am a witness" Clay looked at his sister.

"You are defending Hannah?" he asked in hope. However Mia locked her lips together not saying anything. She pushed her chair back and left the room, giving him his answer.

Liberty high was never a heaven like some pictured it. Kids are mean, they destroy you, they burn your inside and feel no remorse. It's hell.

Looking out her windown in her bedroom, Mia saw her. Hannah Baker with a blue light dress, smilling at her, she blinked once and twince but Hannah still stood there.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Mia you are sure about this?" asked her father in the kitchen table.

"I have to do it" Mia said, she grabbed her favorite cup and poured inside some coffee.

"Are you and Montgomery still together Mia?" She turns to look at her fathe, confused of why would he ask that.

"Yeah, we are together. Why? Did Clay say anything?" she asked nervous, her father shakes his head.

"No, just haven't seen him in a while, that's all."

"I don't bring him that much here anymore" Mia said drinking her coffee.

"Why not?" Mia unsure of what to say to her father only shruggers " Bring him to dinner one of these nights" the man said, getting up to leave for his work.

"Sure"Mia breathed out, looking in a distance to find Clay looking at her, with no facial expression.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Thought it was gonna settle" Montgomery says, Bryce that is behind him with a needle in his hand comments.

"Don't worry about it"

"What, is that Cory Jensen gonna testify?" Montgomery asked.

"It's Clay, you should know, it's your future brother in law" Bryce chuckles, Monty slighty pushes his shorts down, allowing Bryce to inject the needle.

"You know, all that Hannah Baker shit, will get dredged up all over again" Monty grunts 

"My dad's got the trial covered. We'll figure it out" Bryce admits.

"Now fucking Jessica Davis is coming back to Liberty, is that a coincidence or what?"

"Don't know, don't care. Don't worry about the fucking trial, man." Bryce said slapping him with his t-shirt "Worry about Mia, is she okay?"

Shrugering a little Monty said "She's getting better, going back to old Mia" Bryce smiled, he genually cared about her.

"That's good"

By her locker Mia watched Jessica and Alex, both walking inside school. She didn't know they were coming back, Jessica never told her she would be back.

"Mia"Jessica called, approaching her. Mia opened her arms to hug the girl, even though Mia saw Jessica pretty much for the last five months, having her back in school was good.