Part 3

I watched as the next couple of days bled into one another. Sitting in the cafeteria one afternoon, I caught a glance at my juice box.

I was lonely. I regretted my silly wish, it was impulsive and self-centered. They only wanted to interact with me, but I was too uptight with them.

A tear fell from my eyes, I wished they would return from wherever the universe took them. I guess it was late to get them back now.

The following week, I walked into school with my head bent down, unbeknownst of if my wish had come true.

A paper ball hit my forehead, I picked it up lifting my head. My eyes widened with a mix of relief and excitement, it was Cecilia smiling at me.

I rushed closer to see if it was true, 'I've missed you, it's been so long'.

The smile on her face slowly turned into a cringe,' we saw last week, don't be weird'.

Before stepping into the class someone pulled my backpack, making me stop, it was Tom. I felt at ease realizing my faults again.

-----
** We all agree that people can be an annoyance, but wishing them gone may not be the best solution. We should try accommodating them and working things out. Besides, we never know the value of things around us until they are gone **