Part 2

My mouth fell wide open.
'I'm not. I have classmates'
'You must have hit your head hard'
'What about Cecilia, the principal's daughter?'
'The principal doesn't have a child'.

I sat down in a daze. Did my wish come true? Or was this another prank? That must be it, they probably heard my wish and drove the teacher to comply with their skit.

I hounded her with numerous questions, hoping she would give in, but it only made her angry.
'Alex enough! We have a lot to cover, I can't deal with your jokes'.

I felt gloomy for the rest of the day. I asked the other students about my classmates, some laughed and others looked at me like I was crazy.

On my way home, I dropped by Tom's house but, I met an old lady instead who claimed she had lived there for the past ten years. She knew nothing about Tom or his family.

I returned home feeling terrible. Did I wish them into oblivion? My mum urged me to talk about what was bothering me, but I couldn't open up.

I woke up the next day hoping that it had been a bad dream. Sadly, it wasn't.

On second thought, I had my wish granted. Not everyone has this privilege. I should savour this instead.

Finally, I could eat wherever I wanted in peace. I could read without their noise. I don't have to worry about someone pranking me. A wide smile grew across my face.

Days went on like this. One day, I went to study in the library. I saw a book that caught my attention and attempted to reach for it, but it was high up.

'Maybe I should go call Tom, he can reach it', I thought to myself. I was almost at the library door when it dawned on me, he was gone, and they were all gone. Thanks to me.