My face dropped and I wasn't even smiling. Could it be that bad to be married me? Well she didn't even know me she couldn't make that judgement. She didn't even know herself .

She smiled lightly. "I didn't mean to offend you I'm just trying to understand. Because i dont know it just doesn't feel right to me ."

A moment of silence fell upon us where I thought of ways to make it sound more appealing to marry me. Or well be married to me

"Can you tell me how we met?" she asked breaking the silence

I nodded my head giving myself those 2 seconds to channel my creativity. Trying to think of a corney romantic dream I've had of this women in the 3 year span she's worked for me

Looking down at a loose thread on my black slacks. Simingly finding them interesting. I began to tell the "story" of how we met .

" we met at a Cafe where you worked 3 years ago . I'd come there frequently for meetings with my brother. And you weren't very hard to miss "

I stared up at her into her eyes. She held my gaze for a few seconds before shyly looking away. Finding the view more interesting. A smug smirk grew on my face.

" I frequently came to the Cafe without my brother just to see you glide through the Cafe and serve everyone with just elegance and lively hood but you never came around my table. Until you did. And I couldn't let you go without introducing myself. So before you left to go another table I took your hand in mine . But I froze once you looked at me and dismissed my behavior. Returning to my stoic nature but it's like you understood me and before I left you sent the bill with your number in it. And now we're here. "

She looked at me with such sincerity and love

She believed it. Well it was kinda the truth. A club and café were the same thing basically. They both sold beverages and depending on where you went provided entertainment. And she worked there. So I think I did a pretty good job at convincing her.

Nia pov

He wasn't a good liar. How we met sounded like he'd torn out pages from a romance book. It could've been the truth but it was too expressive. Especially for a man as grumpy as he looked.

There was something amiss but I wouldn't question it. I smiled and hoped my eyes conveyed love and not what I really thought about his bullshit story.

" Are you hungry?" he asked

I was about to decline but my stomach answered for me.

He smirked. I don't know If that was his version of smiling. Maybe it's a white people thing

"I'll go make you something"

" you know how to cook?"

"I know a thing or two" he said and he walked out.

An hour or more later. I don't know gurl. It could be longer but there are no clocks in this room.

He entered by pushing the door with his shoulder. His muscles bunching in response. That image sent a flutter through me and a little second pulse.

Well I was attracted to him so made he was my husband

He held a tray and the smell  emitting from it was astounding.

He placed the try on a side table next to the bed and helped me sit up right. Then placed the tray on my lap. It was toasted bread stuffed with mozzarella and bacon and tomato soup topped with basil on top and shards of parmesean.

"this is amazing, thank you". I took the first bite and it felt like a party, wedding, Bae cation, all of it all on my tongue. Causing me to dance a little. Despite the pain I felt.

I looked at him and he had the smirk smile  thingy on this face again

I broke off another piece of the toasted cheese bread and dipped it in the soup. Then brought it to his mouth.

"would you like to eat with me?" I asked
He looked taken aback for a bit. Before he brought his mouth to the bite I was offering him.

It was a strange feeling. Feeding him but it was good.

We continued to eat together in peaceful silence. Until we were done.

He took the plates down. But I didn't even know if he had come back up  or not because it wasn't long  before I was over taken by sleep.

_______________________________________

Seperate ways by eyedress was engraved in my mind while writing this chapter

So what are your thoughts on Dmitri and Nia.
I'll try my best to keep uploading but I don't want to feel pressured at all and go with the flow.

Much love tiggers
~N