another painful discovery

Eric Cartman relapses once again and his boyfriend finds out.

It was his third or fourth time getting to three months clean. He swore he would stop this time, but he just didn't care in that moment.

Things felt blurry again. One moment he was laying in bed, not even crying, just laying and blankly staring at the ceiling. Next thing he knew he was on the floor, the sleeves of his sweater rolled up, a utility blade on the floor next to him, and a few messy rows of cuts on his left forearm. It all happened so quickly and he didn't even fully remember doing it.

He lets out a sigh he didn't know he was holding back. He honestly doesn't even know why he hurts himself. It doesn't really help him at all besides the short distraction he gets from the world around him while he's cutting, but after the marks have been made he's fully aware of everything around him again. He rolls down his sleeves, not even bothering to clean the wounds or hide the blade. He just sets it down on his desk and walks over to his bed, all he wants to do right now is sleep.

He sighs, for probably the fourth or fifth time in the past 40 minutes, and climbs under the covers. Maybe tomorrow will be better...

Stan and Kenny are already at the bus stop when Cartman arrives. They're talking about some new movie that Cartman doesn't care about enough to fully pay attention. He just stands next to them, patiently waiting for the bus to get there. The two boys don't seem to even notice Cartman.

After a few minutes, Kyle arrived at the bus stop. Everyone greets him as he walks over to Cartman.

"Hey," Kyle smiles, but it almost immediately turns into a frown. "What's wrong?" He asks quietly.

It shocked Cartman how Kyle instantly noticed something was wrong. He gave a light smile in return, "nothin'."

"You sure?" Kyle asked, a look of worry being displayed across his face.

"Yeah," Cartman lied.

"Alright then...but I'm here for you if you need to talk about anything."

"I know." Cartman watched as the bus slowly made its way over to the four boys. "Thanks."

The bus slowed and came to a complete stop, the doors opening and each teen getting on one by one.

Stan and Kenny sit next to each other near the middle of the bus. Kyle and Cartman sit in the back. Cartman's wrists began to itch from the cuts, but he tried his best to ignore it. He let out a sigh (more so accidentally) and looked out the window.

"Dude, what's wrong?" Kyle asked.

"What?" Cartman was caught somewhat off guard. He turned his head to meet a pair of green eyes staring at him. "Nothin'."

"You're being weird."

"Rude."

"...You've been acting different these past few days."

"So what?" Cartman said, annoyed.

"'So what'?! I'm worried! That's what."

"But why?" Cartman asked. For some reason he was starting to feel more pissed rather than sad. Not because of Kyle, though. Just angry for..some reason.

"Because I care about you! And you've been so..distant lately." Kyle pointed out. "Why won't you just talk to me?"

Cartman scoffed and rolled his eyes, "since when do you care?"

Cartman knew Kyle cared. He knew he had always cared. He didn't mean to be so rude to him, but for some reason he was. And he couldn't stop.

"I- ...what?" The other boy sounded hurt..and upset.