I'll Wait For You (Slight Angst)

Cartman ran for the door but was stopped by a pair of hands grabbing onto his. Cartman tried pulling away, but the smaller boys hands held a tight grip.

"Let go!"

"No!" Kyle argued, "talk to me! I'm worried and confused and this isn't fair to me."

"I don't wanna-"

"Eric!" Kyle pulled them both over to the bed and sat Cartman down next to him. "Please just talk to me. I want to be able to have a relationship with you but if you aren't communicating then how am I supposed to know what you're thinking about all this?!"

"I just don't want to hurt you!" Cartman blurted out. He froze as he realized what he just said and that he'd probably have to elaborate on it.

"What do you mean?" Kyle asked, his voice sounding a lot more gentle than before.

"I-" Eric felt his breath pause and his heart lift at the sudden gentleness and concern. He gulped and cautiously continued, "I'm scared...of hurting you. Because- because of my past relationship with Heidi."

"Yours and Heidi's relationship...?" Kyle asks, confused. "That was years ago, what does that-"

"I was horrible to her," Cartman admitted, "I turned her into a bad person. I was jealous and began to hate her as the relationship continued. I was so cruel and I...I ruined her."

"Eric, that was a long time ago. Things are d-"

"I don't want to hurt you the same way I hurt her!" He continues his confession of guilt. "I would never forgive myself, ever. I love you so much and if I ruined you the way I did to her I would...........I just can't be in a relationship! I just know I'll fuck it all up."

"Eric listen to me." Kyle reassuringly swiped his thumb back and forth on the soft flesh of Cartmans hand, "that's not going to happen. Everything will be okay. You've changed, you're a better person now. Besides, I wouldn't let anybody destroy me, and I just know that you definitely won't." He brought his lovers hand up to his lips and placed a gentle kiss on it, "if you need more time before you want a relationship, then I'm okay with that. I'll wait for you, I'll be here. But don't think about your past mistakes so much, everything is different now. Things will be okay."