Meaningful Quote

Alright, so this scene is from Vampire Diaries, and if you've never seen or heard anything of it before, it can be a bit unsettling. I highly recommend considering I watched the show 3 times over now. Obviously, it's not as scary as it appears if I've watched the whole show more than once. Alright, here we go.

Stefan Salvatore: "There, that wasn't so bad, was it?" I did it, I stopped.

Guy he took hostage: I don't know what you are man but-

Stefan: Oh! I'm a ripper. You know what that means? That means I literally can't stop feeding until I rip someone's head off. Look at us. We're working it out.

Guy he took hostage: Let me out of here, please!

Stefan: I know I should let you out. I'm good, right? I'm compassionate. I live with this burning hunger inside of me that allows me to stay in control, but what do I have to show for it?

Guy he took hostage: I don't know you man.

Stefan: I have no memories because my brain was fried. My brother, who's been my brother for 160, some years stole my girlfriend, and my girlfriend let him. So you tell me. What's the point of being good?

That's seriously like my top 5 favorite quotes from him.

The reason why this hits so hard for me is because he mentions a lot that he's been the perfect younger brother and that he constantly keeps asking the same question. "What's the point of being good?" In my old school, I left everything and everyone behind. I was kept in my house almost all day except if we were going to someone's house, to the store or something. Can you imagine not talking to anyone besides your 3 family members for 4 years? Well, that's what happened to me. All due to my father. I hate that man. He ruined everything. He ruined me. He changed me. I was happy, and he had to just take it all away. Now, what is left is this burning anger inside of me that controls my sanity. Sounds familiar, right? Now, do you see why I connect with this quote so much? There's still voices in my head.  If you've ever experienced dizziness and like you feel like you're blacking out, it sounds like that, and when you see it from me, you may think that I'm just dazing off or daydreaming. When the truth is, the voices won't go away. I think people are catching on, and well, if they are reading this, they'll know my smiles aren't real. They're fragment pieces of my past swallowing the light in me. I also relate to this quote, "Oh! I'm a ripper. You know what that means? That means I literally can't stop feeding until I rip someone's head off." This is me and my constant apologies, I don't stop until someone says it's okay or whatever it's fine. It's because I am so afraid of disapproval and disappointment that I become lost in thoughts and not able to think straight. This is all his fault. I'm fucked up because of him.