Chapter Thirty-Six

He hung his head and sighed. "If the Weavers have any mention of Pearl, she needs to know."

"Understood....we should get going now," Diane said before they all walked to the portal and were transported to the Academy. Xelqua walked to the class with them and sighed, listening to the other students shuffling as if they were doing something they shouldn't. "Welcome back Professor. What did they say?" Calypso asked, trying to hide her concern.
"Xisuma, Martyn and I are to hold the conferences when we're all in our peak condition again, however, tomorrow night Martyn, Pearl, Scott and I will be at dead man's zone. We have things to discuss."

"Why would whoever is behind this would mention the four of the winners of your Life Games?" Myles asked and he didn't answer for a while. His mind mulling over possibilities. He scoured mental files and memories, before sighing and shaking his head.

"I don't know. I can't think of anything to explain that...but whatever it is, it makes my blood run cold." He admitted folding his hands onto his desk. "Unfortunately, there isn't much known of the Weavers and their intentions. Not anymore and they've been silent for many years before this."

There was some silence and shifting before Calypso sighed. "Professor, it's your sister." She spoke slowly. Hesitant to tell him. "She wants to make sure you're actually okay."
"Tell her I really am and that we'll see each other tomorrow." He rubbed his head, sighing. "I don't understand why she has to worry so much...it's quite...unnecessary. Don't look at me that way...I do speak the truth." He muttered coldly, straightening in his seat.

In Hermitcraft, Xisuma and Martyn made their way to the others in the shopping district. "-does he even want to see me? Do I really want to see him? I don't know....I miss my brother but he just....it isn't him....is it?" Pearl paced, looking at the screen from her communicator.

"Pearl you keep overthinking things and you'll get grey hairs. It's Grian. It'll be okay." Ren grabbed her by the shoulders, looking her in the eye. "You should be happy you get to see him."

"I am but...if I see him like that..it just I feel like if I see him like that it will cement we really lost him." She murmured, staring into his eyes, her own misty at the thought. "It may not seem like it, but...I can't."

"Pearl, he isn't much different. Besides, Martyn and I will be there too." Xisuma said softly, putting a hand on her shoulder. "It's the Dead Man zone. It's a safe place and he wouldn't dare cross that line again."

"Exactly. Again! You got hurt in the deadman zone because he hurt you!"Pearl shook her head, jabbing a finger at him. Xisuma sighed, tilting his head down at his person before looking up at her again. "Because I pushed him to. It doesn't help Admin Code is the opposite of the Watcher Code. We're not the best to be around each other. Watchers and Listeners are more hand in hand than Watchers and Admins."

Matyn, thanks to Ren after asking him to message him what was being said, sighed. "That's why I didn't get hurt and I pushed him just as hard. I also stopped before it got to that point towards me. You, on the other hand, will be completely fine." He said putting a hand on Pearl's. "It'll be alright."

Pearl relaxed slightly slowly, nodding as tears began to stream down her cheeks in relief. "Oh, Pearl..." Xisuma frowned and pulled her into a hug. "I miss him so much...I can't lose him after just getting him back." She sniffled after a moment, looking at him with a deep determination in her eye.

"We won't." Xisuma nodded. Martyn stepped over, putting a hand on Pearl, "We will not give up." He agreed. "Now, let's get some sleep. We have a full day ahead of us before we all meet in the zone."

Pearl nodded, rubbing her eyes and soon everyone started settling into their houses. That is...except for Martyn and Jimmy. They sat in Martyn's house, serious and concerned looks on their faces as they spoke of what would come.