Chapter Thirteen

"Grian....are you there?" Timmy tried to get his attention again, but Grian was just staring at him confused at first before his dead doll eyes shifted into a burning purple and his expression became almost sinister. "Oh my..." He hummed looking towards him and Martyn, though it was clear he couldn't see clearly.

He crossed his arms. "I may not be able to see...but I can see that we have an omen of death...and a listener here. Wherever we are...seeing as we still cannot see it." He tilted his head and sighed. "We continue to fight this brat of a child for control...and even though we're able to bring over control to ourselves, the boy is strong willed indeed..." The watcher said boredly and cackled at them raising their swords.

"Now now...You wouldn't want to hurt him. Yes, he may respawn...but who's to say I won't respawn with him...who's to say it won't give me more strength in his body...The poor boy is asleep right now anyway..." He sneered "So raising your swords to me is disadvantageous at best. I suggest you put. Them. down."

"Get out of him." Martyn snarled, gripping the hilt tighter. "What do you want from him?!" Jimmy demanded as Scar glared at him circling behind him and raising his sword.

"We want him. He belongs at home. Under our care." Grain replied with a growl and turned to Scar, a blade that caused Martyn and Jimmy's blood to run cold, appearing in his hand, pointing at Scar's neck. "Put it down Vex. Didn't you hear what I just said?" He snarled.

"Scar...Scar do as he says." Jimmy said, desperately dropping his sword. Martyn did the same and put his hands in surrender. "Your friends are smart... you should listen to them..." Grian smirked. Scar was fuming, shaking with anger, before sighing in defeat. He dropped his sword and backed away, surrendering.

"Good boys...I'm only here getting reconnaissance to get our ward back. You don't hurt us...I don't kill you." Grian said, lowering his blade before it disappeared completely. He cracked his neck and unfurled his wings without taking flight. He examined them and tilted his head again. "Oh my." He shifted on his talons shaking his wings. Feathers began falling to the floor.

"What are you doing to him?" Martyn asked, forcing himself to take a step forward. Grian put a finger up clicking his tongue before picking up a feather from the ground. "He's molting...didn't he just regain his wings?" The Watcher....asking questions seeming entirely lost. That was unsettling for hermit and two visitors.

"That's right." Scar said, baffled as the watcher inhabiting Grian momentarily, twirled the feather between his fingertips, baffled himself. "Isn't molting normal for avians?" Jimmy questioned crossing his arms.

"It's too soon for molting, and it doesn't happen this rapidly." Grain shook his head as more feathers fell as he folded his wings again. "Is he sick and molting because of that without telling us?" Jimmy asked again. The watcher shook his head, "His body is fine and his health is completely normal. I know we Watchers are supposed to be mean and cruel and such...but this is incredibly concerning...where is the Voidwalker? Perhaps he knows."

"I...can message him to come here..." Scar murmured and slowly lifted his arm to open comms. This is so weird. He thought as he opened it.

<GoodTimeWithScar> X can you come over to Grian's? Nothing urgent

He waited a few minutes before getting a reply.

<XisumaVoid> omw

Now the four of them awkwardly sat around Grian's house waiting for the admin. They tried getting answers from the Watcher but they told them vague things that... gave them more answers than he attended. "What're you doing here and why are there feathers everywhere?" Xisuma asked them, landing beside Martyn and Scar.