13. My last summer and last first day

13. My last summer and last first day

Summer will be over soon, and the gang has been getting ready to go back to school as well as Kevin, who will be leaving for college tomorrow early, so the gang is making him a goodbye party. "I'll miss you guys," Kevin said to the others.

"We will miss you too, Kev," Scott said to his friend.

"We will try to keep in touch. We know you will be very busy with all your classes," Matt said and Kevin nodded. "Thank you, guys, for giving me an amazing summer. I will remember it forever," Kevin told the others, who looked at him with pride.

"It was fun. We went to the beach, we celebrated my 17th birthday, you had some dates with Leigh, and it was your graduation ceremony. And if you miss us, you can just look at all the pictures you have of us on your phone," Mitch affirmed and Kevin looked at his lock screen who was the gang at the beach one day.

"And you can give us a call if you need anything. We will always be here for you," Kirstie said and Scott looked down. He knew this was his last summer as well, but Kevin was more important, he was going to college.

"Thank you. You guys know I'm here too. If you need anything, just text me," Kevin reminded the gang, he liked his role as the dad of the group, and now that he will be away, he was feeling sad about leaving behind the family he chose.

"We love you, Kev," Mitch said and then the gang did a group hug. All of them cried for a bit and remembered the best moments of their summer together, the summer that they considered to be the best one of all their lives.

A few days later, it was the first day of school. It was Scott's first day of school and he was very excited. "I cannot believe I'm a Senior now," Scott told his parents while rushing down the stairs, Connie and Rick chuckled at their son's excitement.

"Are you ready for school? You took a long time getting ready, you are already late," Rick said, picking up his car keys. "Yeah. Bye, Mom, love you," Scott said to his mom getting out of the house.

Luckily, Scott arrived at school just in time and entered the building heading to Spanish, which was his first class of the day. "Noodle!" Mitch said once he saw Scott enter the classroom.

"Hi, baby," Scott said kissing his boyfriend and then sitting down next to him. "Why did you call me noodle?" Scott whispered chuckling and Mitch giggled. "Well...you are tall and blonde, so, therefore, you are a noodle," Mitch said nodding and Scott laughed. The day went on and the gang was glad to realize that they had English together, at least having one class together made their days much happier and more fun.

"Are you happy that you're not a freshman anymore, Matty?" Kirstie asked her boyfriend while they walked out of the school once the day was over. "Feels great, I am not the new kid anymore who started freshman year in the middle of the school year," Matt explained and Kirstie nodded.

"It was a first good day of school," Mitch told the others once they saw each other outside the building, waiting for their parents to pick them up.

"Yeah, this will be a good year," Kirstie affirmed and Scott looked away, frowning. "Scott, I'm sorry. I didn't think you won't be able to finish your Senior year," Kirsite apologized and hugged Scott.

"It's not your fault Kitty, you didn't do anything wrong. I just can't get that thought out of my head and it hurts a bit because you are all healthy now and I'm...not," Scott explained.

"Then, let's make this senior year better than last so that you go happy," Mitch promised and Scott smiled.

"Thank you, we can start with the winter musical. We audition together and become part of something," Scott suggested and the others nodded, liking the idea of being in a play together.

"I'd love that, it could help with our reputations. Right now, we are known as the sick kids," Matt said and the others chuckled, shaking their heads.

"They don't know us," Kirstie said with a smile.