Chapter 11: Kill the tournament.

Start from the beginning

Currently, I observed him repeatedly kicking a small tree. Tatsumi hissed at the pain, his shins heavily bruised. "Hey, can I stop now?" he asked.

"No. Keep kicking that tree."

"But it hurts!" he whined.

"Tough. You led Taskmaster to us. You're not going anywhere until you knock down that tree with nothing but kicks."

He glared at me. "Oh, you mean like this!?" he yelled, furiously kicking the tree. At first, there was a crack, then the sound of splinters breaking. Tatsumi continued slamming his leg into the tree until it bled. Eventually, the tree gave way and fell. Tatsumi collapsed to the ground, holding his leg, hissing in pain.

"Are you sure that was necessary?"

I looked behind and saw Najenda crossing her arms.

"It's a lesson he won't forget. Besides, he'll come out tougher from it," I said, with Tatsumi cursing at me.

-----------------------

(Capital, an hour later)

Both Tatsumi and myself were walking through the capital, trying to keep a low profile. Najenda had left earlier that day to head for the revolutionary army HQ to try and recruit some new members to the night raid

Apparently, we were meant to be meeting up with Lubbock and Leone in some place discreet. Eventually, we came across a book store called Booknight. Lubbock was standing at the entrance.

"Hey." I greeted.

"S'up." Lubbock greeted back he motioned fot both Tatsumi and I to follow him. Going down into a cellar. Gotta say, couldn't have chosen a place more hidden.

"Hey there!" Leone warmly greeted us. "Welcome to the capital hideout."

"Gotta say, the place looks quite cosy." I said.

" Mine has started to appear on wanted posters." Lubbock pointed out, handing me a poster for Tatsumi and myself to examine. "Which means only the four of us are able to walk around the capital."

"What about Taskmaster? Any sign of him?" I asked.

"Nope, nothing. It seems like you scared him off." Lubbock said with a smile.

"Word of the Moon Knight in the city has started to spread." Leone said to me. "It's a good thing you wear a mask, (F/N). It's done a good job at hiding your face." Said Leone.

"What do the people think?" I curiously asked.

"It's a fifty-fifty deal. Some people like the idea of a masked vigilante, but others think you're a complete psychopath for cutting bushman's face off." Leone sweat dropped

"Speaking of the city, the jaegers seem to be all anyone can talk about." Tatsumi pointed out.

"Obviously since Esdeath is their lead. That's the real topic." Said Lubbock. Such a dangerous person is..."

"Seriously, how dangerous can she be?" Tatsumi asked. The whole room went silent.

"That's right. You haven't heard a lot that one time."

Lubbock went on to tell a story about Esdeath, back when Najenda was in the army. But I zoned out.

"(F/N)?" I looked to my left to see Khonshu. "Is something the matter?"