Chapter 5: Kill the resurrected

As my vision faded into darkness, a familiar sense of detachment washed over me. It was as if I was floating in an abyss, disconnected from the world around me. The chaos of battle, the clash of steel, all of it receded into the background, replaced by an eerie stillness.

Amidst this surreal state, a familiar presence began to take shape - the essence of Khonshu, the deity whose mark I bore. His energy enveloped me, a comforting and potent force that transcended mortal understanding.

A voice, echoing with ancient power, resonated within my mind. "(F/N), my avatar," it intoned, carrying an air of authority and reassurance. "You are my fist, and I shall not let you be snuffed out so easily."

The words reverberated through my being, filling me with a strange blend of calm and determination. Even in the face of impending darkness, the connection between me and Khonshu remained resolute.

Then, like a surge of light bursting through the void, a brilliant radiance enveloped me. It was a surge of energy, an infusion of divine power that reignited my spirit and rekindled my body. In that blinding instant, the line between life and death blurred, and I was reborn anew.

With a gasp, I returned to consciousness, my senses sharpening once more. I could feel the rhythm of my heartbeat, the rush of vitality coursing through my veins. My body was now flawless, as if the previous battles had never happened.

The moon above bathed me in its silvery glow, a reminder of the deity who had granted me a second chance. Khonshu's presence lingered within me, a pact renewed in the face of adversity.

The moon's radiance danced upon my masked countenance, a symbol of the partnership that bound a mortal to a god. I got up and made my way back to the night raids hideout.

Returning to the Night Raid's hideout, I moved with a renewed vigour, my presence heralding a surprise that would send shockwaves through the comrades who had believed me fallen. I made my way to the conference where everyone else was gathered. I cleared my throat to get their attention, the air was thick with a mixture of astonishment and disbelief.

Tatsumi, Najenda, Leone, and the others turned their gaze towards me, their eyes widening with a blend of incredulity and wonder. Their voices murmured in hushed tones, a chorus of questioning and amazement that filled the room.

Leone, her laid-back demeanor momentarily shaken, was the first to speak, her words laced with disbelief. "Is that... really you?" she stammered, her expression a mix of astonishment and relief.

I nodded, my lips curving into a wry smile beneath my mask. "In the flesh, or at least some semblance of it."

Najenda's eye bore into mine, her tactical mind tried assessing the situation. "This isn't right. Akame and Tatsumi told me you were killed by Zank! You're supposed to be dead!"

"I was. It was boring, so I stood up." I said with a dry laugh.

Tatsumi's voice was a mixture of relief and awe.
"This can't be real. People don't just come back from the dead like this."

"And yet, here I am."

I glanced around at the faces of my comrades, each one displaying a unique reaction to my return. For a moment, the gravity of my resurrection hung in the air, the sense of otherworldly power that had orchestrated my revival palpable.

With a quiet determination, I addressed them all, my words carrying a weight that went beyond the ordinary. "Before Zank killed me, I told him that I do not die. But the truth is I do die, over and over again. When my god, Khonshu, resurrects me, my body returns. Strong, unharmed, ready to do the nighttime violence that is his work." I explained to them.