Chapter 1: Kill the knight.

The capital.

The very heart of the empire itself. Filled to the brim with corruption. I stood at the entrance, taking in its sheer size. People passed me by, not bothered to cast a glance in my direction. With the guidance of Khonshu, I had travelled around the world, training myself in combat as well as conditioning my body for fighting. All this to find the one responsible for the genocide of my people.

That was seven years ago. Now, at the age of twenty-five, I had come to this city to continue my search for him. The question is where do I start? My first thought was to go around and ask some people and get information the man I'm looking for. So, I picked up my bags and made my way throughout the city.

I made my way through large crowds of people. I would go up to People to try and ask them about the man, but they chose to ignore me instead.

This frustrated me a fair bit.

I heard a commotion not too far from me. Being curious, I went to check it out to see what was going out. I came across a young boy, probably in his mid to late teens, being thrown out onto the streets being yelled at by what appeared to be a guard.

"APPLICANTS ARE FLOODING IN BECAUSE OF THIS RECESSION!!! WE CAN'T BE LOOKING AT EACH AND EVERY ONE!!!" The guard yelled. "IF YOU GOT IT, SCRAM! FUCKING BRAT!!"

I can understand where the guard was coming from, but at the same time, there wasn't need to be dick about. I see a blonde woman in a ridiculous outfit walk over to talk to him. This was none of my business so I walked away.

The first place I decided to check out would be a bar. No where specific. Just a regular bar. I opened the door and made my way to the counter. The bartender stood behind, cleaning a mug with a rag.

"Can I get you anything?" He asked me. I reached into one of bags and pulled out a rough sketch of the mercenary. I wasn't the best when it came to drawing, but it was as close as I could get to an image of him.

"I'm looking for this man. Do you know who he is by any chance?"

The bartender took the picture and examined it closely before shaking his head and handing it back to me. "I can't say I have.

Well, that was disappointing. I got up my seat and left. It was always the same result. Because of this, I've come to two conclusions: Either this man isn't real or the people who have seen him are dead at his hands. I continued to ask people who would bother to stop and help me. But the answer was the same. The day went by and I got no results. Nightfall came quickly and with not a single coin on me, I had no place to stay. single coin on. I leaned on against the wall, pondering if I all my efforts are being wasted. But it was Khonshu who sent me here, and he never led me astray.

The sound of hooves clopping on the road reached my ears, followed by the voice of a young girl say "Stop the carriage!"

I looked up from the ground and saw the said young girl looking out from her carriage. Sat opposite to her was the young boy I the young boy I saw earlier. From what I could see, she was an upper class citizen.

"Do you have a place to stay?" She asked me.

I shook my head. It's not like I really need one. The young girl gave a friendly smile and and said, "Well, Since you don't have a place to stay, how would you like to come back to my house?"

I raised an eyebrow. From my previous experience, upper class folk like her wouldn't concern herself with low class citizens like myself. I shot a glance at one of her guards, who just gave me a look that said just go with it.

I nodded my head, which earned a small giggle from the girl before gesturing to the seat opposite to her. I got in and sat next to the boy.

"I'm Aria." She introduced herself. "The person you're sitting next to is Tatsumi, who's in a situation similar to yours."