Chapter 10 - Ghosts

Depuis le début

It is the early hours of morning before sunrise

It is the early hours of morning before sunrise. The sky is black as night and she is scouting one of Hakim's palaces with the scope of her rifle when a figure that is trying to infiltrate the palace caught her attention. It was a man of average build and white hair wearing a red visor covering their face and a blue and white jacket with the number 76 on the back. He had a rifle strapped to his back along with a pistol holstered onto his dark gray pants.

"And here I thought I was the only ghost alive. What are you doing here Jack?" she spoke out loud to herself as she saw Jack Morrison.

Jack, also known as Soldier 76, is the genetically enhanced combatant and the commander of the Overwatch strike team. He, alongside Gabriel Reyes, joined Overwatch after being in the US Military soldier enhancement program. Amongst his greatest contribution was convincing Doctor Mina Liao in joining Overwatch research and creating Echo. After the Omnic crisis, the world turned on Overwatch and Jack was at the front end facing all the hate. Soon, Talon started targeting Overwatch and blew up the Rome facility, which Jack was in. He was presumed dead, though they never found a body and did not expect to find one as he was close to the source of the explosion when it went off. Without Jack's leadership Overwatch collapsed and it got disbanded by the United Nations.

Ana fired a shot from her silenced sniper rifle at Jack's feet to stop him from interfering with her operation. He immediately jumped sideways and took cover behind a wall. Ana fired another shot away from the gate to get him to realize the origin of the shot. When he took a peek to investigate, she was waving a piece of cloth in the air to call him over.

She was staying behind a broken piece of wall behind the cliff. Jack (Soldier) approached the area slowly and in stealth to not reveal his position to any guards in the palace. When he got close to Ana, he lowered his guard and walked over. Given the amount of canned food and food wrappers present, it's safe to assume she has been scouting this palace for a few days. Ana was still wearing her mask but it seems that Jack has recognized her.

"For a second there I was worried you really were going to kill me" stated Soldier as he slumped down on a small wooden stool.

"Maybe I should have, after what you were about to pull off. I had this place staked out for days. You were this close to ruining everything I've worked for. You'd better have a good reason" Replied Ana.

Soldier took his visor off revealing his face. He had a scar across his face from his forehead to his right cheek.

 He had a scar across his face from his forehead to his right cheek