XII. Sealed lips

:・゚✧:・.☽˚。・゚✧:・.:

Lily's POV

„LOOK AT THIS idiot." I laugh, watching John B pretend to brush his teeth through the camera.

JJ strolls over and stands beside me, wrapping a hand around my waist. „Whats this right here?" he asks and goes to touch a button on the keyboard.

Pope reaches over and slaps his hand away, making me chuckle. „Don't touch that."

We had taken the underwater camera out for a spin, trying to get the basic of it. Kiara and John B are currently in the water while Pope figures out how to use the machine and the computer. JJ and I are pretty much useless in this situation, so we've just kinda been doing nothing.

"Im trying to work out this thing." The boy sighs, pressing random buttons that made the camera go forward a little.

"God bless geeks, Pope." JJ says as he watches him slowly figure things out. "Truly man. What would we do without you in control of the drones?"

"Technically its not a drone," Pope corrects him as John B and Kie come up from below the water. "Its an ROV."

"Shut up," JJ immediately say before the boy starts rambling. "Just- shut up. its too really for that right now."

"hey once we get the footage of the wreck, well bring it to a lawyer in town and file a formal claim." John B tells us as he bobs above the surface.

"Thats such bullshit, why do we have to do that?" JJ complains, leaning against the wooden post of the dock.

"Well, there is maritime salvage law." I explain, jumping up to sit on the fence. "You can't just go to the ocean floor and scoop up a bunch of shit."

"I know, I know,"he rolls his eyes. "its just that lawyers aren't cheap, you know?

"Well as soon as they see the footage, they'll work for a comp." John b reassures.

"how do you know all of that?" Kiara asks him, slightly chuckling.

"Cause my dad said it like a million times." He replies.

"Yeah that's fair." She nods, swimming over to the ladder to get back up on the dock.

"This tether is like really long. In the wrong weather, this thing could get pushed around." Pope announces.

"Then well go at dead calm." John B says as light thunder rumbles through the sky.

"So now we just gotta wait for the right weather." Pope sighs, looking up at the sky.

I look up as well, watching as dark grey clouds slowly start to form. "and today is not the day."

:・゚✧:・.☽˚。・゚✧:・.:

3rd person POV

Midsummer's Evening loomed ahead like an unavoidable storm for Lily, and her reluctance to dive into the world of extravagant dresses and ostentatious celebrations only intensified. The annual event had always been a parade of snobby rich individuals showcasing their seemingly flawless lives, and Lily, having never attended before, was about to find herself in the midst of it all.

As she wandered through the upscale boutique, her disdain for the glittering array of dresses grew. Lily couldn't fathom participating in an event where materialism and social status took precedence. The prospect of joining the spectacle left her feeling like a reluctant participant in a play she never wanted to audition for.