II. Grady White

:・゚✧:・.☽˚。・゚✧:・.:

3. Person POV

POPE, CAN YOU get this please?" Lillian asked, holding out a bowl of guac.

After their quick getaway they picked up some extra Fajitas breads and headed back to the Johnson Hut. When they entered the spotless kitchen they all quickly fell into the familiar meal prep routine that had been stablished since childhood. It wasnt unusual for everyone to spend the evenings at Lily's place. Pops Johnson invited them over for dinner all the time, so often that they each had their own unofficiall officiall assigned seat at the table.

The group was spread out around the room and one of Kiara's playlist was playing on the bluetooth speaker. John B and Kiara were in charge of the stove while Lily was in charge of chopping the vegetables. JJ was also assigned a task, but he abandoned the cheese he was meant to be grating in favour of bothering Lillian.

The other three watched from the dining table as JJ hoisted himself up onto the counter next to where Lily was working and said something that made Lillian laugh.

„Do you think the've told each other yet?" Kiara question in a hushed tone as he placed the bowl Lily had handed him on the table.

„Nah," John B answered with the shake of his head, „we'd know if they did."

„I wish they would stop being so stubborn and see that they have feelings for each other," Pope complained causing the others to nod in agreement. „They already act like they're dating. I mean, look at them."

The three looked into the kitchen just as JJ tucked a piece of Lillian's hair behind her ear.

Kiara observed her two friends and softly smiled to herself. They were good for each other, always have been. JJ was reckless and impulsive, where as Lily was careful and cautious. They balanced each other out perfectly.

„They'll be together by the end of summer," Kie decided, turning her gaze back to the table she was setting.

John B and Pope shared a look and immediatley began to place bets on when their oblivious friends would finally come to their senses.

:・゚✧:・.☽˚。・゚✧:・.:

Lillian's POV

"Hurricane Agatha continues its steady march towards Kildare island on to Outer Banks North Carolina..."

"Holy shit." John B Mutters from next to me as we watch the news.

I sigh. "My dads gonna make me literally clean everything."

"No, no. This is good!" He grins.

I furrow my eyebrows. "So, you're saying a hurricane heading right for us is good? Jesus, B , sometimes I worry for you."

"No! I mean DCS is coming for a check-up, Agatha's gonna push 'em away. I'll be able to wag on it."

I replace my frown with a serious face. "You know, if you would just let my dad take care of you, you wouldn't have all these Problems with D-"

"Look Len. I'm thankful for papa Johnson trynna look out for me, but I already told you, I'm not getting adopted by someone else, because my dad is still out there and he's coming back." He protests.

I give him a look of defeat and glances around at the crowd of people watching the news as well. "Hey, we should probably get out of here."

John B nods in agreement. "Yeah, let's go" he says, heading for the doors.