I. Paradise on earth

:・゚✧:・.☽˚。・゚✧:・.:

WE WERE NOW 16 & 17 and in the 10th grade, well were. It was now Summer, aka-the Pogues most favorite time of the year. Our mission this summer was to have a good time, all the time.

We had been through so many ups and downs, both together or as individuals. Between John B's dad going missing nine months ago at sea and the utterly stupid 'Kooks vs Pogues' war, the last two years had been tough.

Dad and Big John had a good relationship, since they both liked to go out and fish together, while us kids went out for a surf. And when Big John disappeared dad was devastated.

But he made a promise to himself to take care of John B, in honor of Big John. Dad pays the chateau's bills and gives John B grocery money,which he hardly ever accepts, so I have to end up getting them for him. He even offered to adopt John B, multiple times might I add, so that he wouldn't have the problem with DCS, but JB refused, he didn't want to give up hope on his dad, just yet.

:・゚✧:・.☽˚。・゚✧:・.:

"That's what," Pope starts, looking up at John B who's playfully dangling one foot off the roof. "a three story fall to the deck. I give you about a one-in-three chance of survival."

„You're gonna fall John B" I sang from my spot next to JJ. I was laying on the scaffolding with my head on his lap, watching in amusement as John B tried to balance on the roof.

"Hm" John B hums, licking his finger to test the wind. "Should I do it?"

"Yeah, you should jump!" Pope says playfully. "I'll shoot you on the way down." He jokes, pointing the drill he's holding in his direction.

"You'll shoot me?" John B taunts, making finger guns towards Pope. "Pew!"

"Yep."

The cold drops of water that transferred from my beer can to my palm made JJ slightly shiver as i smacked his hand away, stopping him from balancing his own drink on my forhead.

„Just don't expect me to patch you up if you fall, John B" I squint.

John B laughs, taking a swig out of the beer in his hand. "Whats the point of being friends with a future doctor then?"

I groan. „Pope will fix you up" I look over at Pope who was playing with the power tools someone left behind. „Right Buddy?"

While the boys kept bickering about how John B was going to fall i looked up at JJ wo was being uncharacteristically non-talkative. „What are you thinking about, J?" i asked, poking his cheek.

His hand found its way to my hair and he started playing with it. „Just how John B's gonna drop his beer."

"They're gonna have Japanese toilets with towel warmers." Kie complains as she joins us outside.

"Of course they are. Why wouldn't they?" JJ shrugs.

"This used to be a turtle habitat, but who care about turtles, I guess?" She continues, looking up at John B.

"I can't have cold towels." JJ responds with a pout.

"Can you please not kill yourself." She says to the boy on the roof, squinting due to the sun.