Nani stared at her with utter shock on her face for a second before she neutralized her expression and said, "Fine, then. I'll call them and tell them that our Manorama is not able to choose her son before her comfort, so we won't be able to come when it was us who suggested the meeting."

I waited for Mami to finally agree while I typed on my phone because there's no way Nani is going to take a no for an answer.

"Fine. I'll sleep in their shed." Mami gave in as she took a slice of apple and took a bite with a sad look on her face.

*

It has been almost two hours since I started driving from the airport towards downtown Hazratganj with Akash sitting quietly on the passenger seat and Di and Nani on the backseat looking outside the window while Mama and Mami were in the seat behind them, where Mama slept with his mouth slightly open and Mami looked at the crowded street with a disgusted look on her face, but sometimes she got very excited.

"Should I show someone the address and ask for directions?" Akash asked as she looked at me with a small piece of paper in hand where the address was written.

I twisted my mouth slightly before I nodded and slowly parked the car on his side of the road. He rolled down his window and tried to ask a passing man, maybe in his fifties, for directions. But that man just left, avoiding him.

"Why did we stop, Chote?" Di asked from behind, but before I could answer, Mami said, "Maybe Arnav Bitwa wanted to buy something for his dearest Mami."

I quietly sat in my seat and waited for her to finish while my brows rose as Akash continued to ask for directions. I slightly looked over my shoulders and answered Di's question.

"We stopped for directions."

"Oh." Di nodded thoughtfully before turning to Nani again and talking inaudibly.

Akash turned to me with a sigh while closing his window. I turned my gaze back on the road and changed the gear before I again started driving.

"Should I call Madhumati Ji for directions?" Nani asked.

I shared a small glance with Akash before again focusing on the road.

"Let's ask someone again. But if we don't get any direction, then call them." Akash said as he pointed ahead at a man who was drinking something while sitting on a scooter.

I stopped the car next to him as Akash rolled down his window and asked him the directions while I drummed my fingers on the steering wheel waiting.

"Are you going to Khushi Bitiya's house?" The man asked. Of course, everyone knows her.

"Ji," Akash answered.

"I'm also going there. I'll take you." The man said it with a smile, drained the remaining water, and started his scooter.

I followed him quietly for almost twenty minutes before asking Akash, "Do you think he's legit?... I think he's a fraud."

He gave me a look that said, seriously?

"What?" I asked, raising a single brow while glancing between him and the road.