𝒗𝒊𝒊. lunar new year

Start from the beginning

"─be happy every day! stay healthy!" the siblings finished their little song. sang rong handed each of them their red packets. sang zhi's red packet seemed more stuffed then theirs. "bābā you're being so unfair" sang yue whined. "do well on gaokao and you'll get a better one" said her father. sang yue leaned in to see what her sister got. she got her mobile back. "nevermind i like money more" she said collecting chuckles from the table.

"zhizhi what should you do after getting your phone?" he asked.

"I'll uninstall all the games" li ping nodded satisfied by the answer. "what else? what about your online dating prospect?" sang rong asked. the youngest sang looked shocked that the matter reached her parents. "i already deleted it long ago" she answered.

"what about his phone number?" li ping asked.

"i don't have his phone number. online dating does not require phone numbers. i telling the truth. you can check it yourself" she answered passing the phone to her mother who gave it back after checking thoroughly.

sang rong said the kids to behave which prompted the older siblings to taunt the youngest before digging in.

"by yueyue didn't you wanted to buy a new series of book? ask you brother to buy it now that he has money" li ping said.

"why should i?" sang yan asked jokingly but his sister just hugged his arm thanking him. he passed the red pocket to her and sang zhi. "sang yan is the most generous" sang rong joked.

the sang family discussed about holidays while sang yue sneakily texted back jiaxu after receiving his message.

             𝐒𝐀𝐍𝐆 𝐘𝐔𝐄 𝐒𝐊𝐈𝐏𝐏𝐄𝐃 happily. the school gave months off of preparation for the gaokao exams. it was the last day. "hii" she greeted her brother in a cheerful tone. she was stopped by him. "wait wait duan jiaxu sent you this as your last day of school present" sang yan handing the box to her. "stupid guy why is he wasting money like that" he muttered before closing the gate.

she took a look at the papers and saw how his name was actually spelt. she made made a mental note to change the name in her phone. she went upstairs, her mood now even better.

she opened the box to reveal a pair of mary janes. she immediately whipped out her phone to call jiaxu.

"hello" he said on the receiving line.

"hello gēgē. i received the package you sent. what's with the sudden gift?" she asked.

"it's because you're done with school. do you not like it?" he asked.

"i do. i really do but i don't want you to waste your money on me" she said.

"who said i am wasting my money on you? i am splurging on my sister" he joked. sang yue's heart sank. it was a constant reminder that he saw her just as his sister and he will always see her as his sister.

"well your sister is telling you to stop splurging on her"

"but what if i want to?"

"then just... don't?" she chuckled.

"pass the gaokao exam I'll send you a better gift"

"you don't have to"

"but i want to"

"then give me your address. I'll send you a gift too"

"no"

"why? it's important. if you are allowed to give me gifts and i am not allowed to then it'll be unfair"

"keep your monthly allowance and spend it on yourself. no need to send me gifts"

"see you're being unfair right now"

"you really don't have to. the fact that you want to already makes me happy"

"then next time the same rule should apply to you"

"by the way are you going to the graduation ceremony with sang yan?" he asked swiftly changing the topic.

"yes"

"that's great then we'll see each other then"

"right then i can give my brother gifts" she joked.

"okay then. i have to go now"

 i have to go now"

•˚. *࿐ 𝑲𝑶𝑲𝑶𝑺𝑩𝑳𝑨𝑺𝑯𝑴𝑬𝒀'𝑺 𝑵𝑶𝑻𝑬 ▬▬▬ again sang yue is still unaware that jiaxu is from yihe