Chapter 17: Biker gang

Começar do início

"It's not just my scene", I say.

"Then I don't believe you", he says and I sigh.

"Noah I-

"I thought I'd never hear you say my name again", he cuts me off.

"It's just been a day Noah", I point out.

"I know but you've never talked to me like that before.. so I kinda got scared", he says as he uses his thumb to trace the circular mouth of the container.

"I'm sorry", I say softly and he smiles a bit.

"Will you go to the party with me now?", He asks and I sigh looking away. His fingers reach for my chin then gently pushes my face to his. My breath gets caught up in my throat when I see it's only an inch separating us.

Noah's eyes flutter to my lips and mine flutters to his. At this moment I think it's safe to say he's drunk or I fell asleep in the tub.. yeah and this all is a dream. Yup I'll take that one to go.

"Will you marry me?", He asks and I nod. Of course.

"Yes", I say nodding and he moves away so I frown.

"So then you'll go to the party with me", he says.

"Wait what?", I ask utterly confused.

"No take backs", he says getting off his bed.

"Wait I didn't agree to that", I say as he walks to the door.

"No take backs", he repeats walking out the door.

"Ugh", I groan putting my hands on my face. Why did I think he actually asked me to marry him? What the fruit basket Abby?.

I look down to see the mouth wash container. I sigh, pick it up then take a drink from it.

"Gosh, I need to stop doing that".

**

I walk down the stairs with a pair of shorts and a hoodie on. I'm glad when I see an approving smirk from Noah.

"You look nice in my clothes", he says and I smile but then frown.

"Like Loren?", I ask and his eyes widen. Oh gosh why did I even say that.

"Ouch", he says.

"I'm sorry", I say putting a feet over the other. I have a pair of socks on but the floor's colder than I thought.

"Come sit", he says so I move over to him on the couch. I sit next to him and watch as he skips through channels.

"You hungry?", He asks and I nod. Am I never not?. "Well then go cook for yourself", he says and I cannot believe the attitude. He's like the biggest grudge holder there is.

"Don't be rude Noah", Carmen says giving him a look before turning to me with a smile, "I haven't really cooked anything but I can make you some peanut butter and jelly sandwich".

"She doesn't like jelly", Noah casually says still focused on the TV. I look at him, surprised that he still knew that about me.

"Oh that's right, I'll be right back dear", she says and I nod still looking at Noah. I actually thought he knew nothing about me but this.. this just made me realize how close we once were.

"You sure do like staring contests", he says and I look away.

"Uh.. sorry", I say and he smiles softly.

"It's ok, I won anyways", he says looking back at the TV. I look at him then at the TV. A smile crawls up my lips.

The door bell rings and Noah walks to the door to see who it is. I look out the window, the rain finally stopped. It's drizzling now. The way it started was so unbelievably. Why couldn't it come later on? Geez... But come to think of it, if the rain didn't fall then this wouldn't happen. I would have never known how Noah's shampoo or perfume smelt like or how his mouthwash tasted-

"Princess?", Noah calls out so I turn to the direction of the door. "Someone's here for you".

I curiously walk to the door. The first person I can think of is my mum but if it actually was her then he'd let her in straight away or has he forgotten how she looks like? When last did they see each other or talked to each other?.

I reach the door looking at Noah before ahead to the person who's here for me.

"Hernandez?", I ask looking at my new Mexican friend with his regular buzz cut and a leather jacket on. He looks like someone from a biker gang.

"You uh.. you guys live together?", He asks and I look back at Noah.

"Is that a problem?", Noah asks looking at Hernandez with a well arched brow. Woah he's serious.

"Um what he meant to say is why are you here?", I ask instead of allowing him answer that uncomfortable question.

He turns to me and I notice he's green eyes trail over me. He literally scans my outfit and I'm sure it'll take him not less than two seconds to find out that non of if it is mine and they're actually owned by the person next to me.

"I thought you'd tutor me today?", He asks putting his hands into his pockets.

"Oh of course", I say suddenly remembering that I'm actually meant to tutor him. After what happened today I totally forgot.

"You're tutoring him?", Noah asks and I nod. "I thought I was the only one you tutored", he says and I snort. Wait till you find out I tutored your friend.

"Obviously not", the reply comes from Hernandez and I'm surprised. "So when are we gonna start?", He asks and I sigh.

"I'm uh.. I'm not so sure we can do that today because my house is locked and I forgot my keys inside", I say and if confusion was to be described then Hernandez's face would suffice.

"But you're at your house aren't you?", He asks. Oh that's right, he thinks this is my house because the other day when he offered to take me home he dropped me here.

"I thought he was your friend?", Noah asks me or rather says out in the open because he's looking at Hernandez who's also looking back at him with a not so nice look.

"I am and I can prove it better than you can", he says and my eyes widen. Okay why would he say that?. I look at Noah as he glares at him.

"You've known her for like what? Two days?", Noah mocks and Hernandez scoffs.

"I've known her long enough to know that you suck", he says and if my eyes could widen more they would.

"Why don't you come closer so I can hear you?", Noah suggests.

"Okay hold up", I say coming between them. Okay first of all.. are they fighting for me?.. okay no not like fighting fighting, it's just like a simple argument which happens to be centered on me. I can't imagine this is happening, not even in my next life would I have thought two male teenagers would squabble for me. C'mon nature you have to slow down with these surprises.

"Can um.. we have the lesson in your house?".