Chapter 1: The Shield Hero & The Katana Hero

I was waiting for Naofumi at the library to come back with light novels for them to read, until I was starting to get impatient.

"Naofumi, are you done yet?" I asked impatiently.

"Shhhh..." The Librarian gestured.

"My bad..." I apologized.

I walked over through one of the rows of shelves until I saw a bunch of books lying on the floor. I sighed and packed the books in their respective shelves until one book caught my attention.

"The Records Of The Four Cardinal Weapons..." I read the title out loud.

I opened the book and I read through the pages until I skipped to the back of the book and I saw a few words that mentioned a Fifth Hero.

"The Katana Hero..." I read out loud.

Suddenly, a yellow flashing light emitted from the book and it felt like my body was being torn apart. When it stopped I saw that I was inside of a strange medieval room and I had a Katana in my hand.

"Where am I?" I thought.

Suddenly a few Knights who were guarding the room started surrounding me. They held their spears at my neck.

"Could you please tell me what I did wrong here?" I asked one of the Knights.

"You are not supposed to be here! The Katana Hero is an infamous Hero who sided with the Shield Hero and Demi-humans! Come with us to The King, then you can discuss further matters with him and the other Heroes!" Answered the Knight.

I nod and the Knights take me to the Main throne room of what looks like a castle. On the throne room I see Naofumi, nobles, a tall blonde-haired guy holding a Spear, a black-haired boy with blue eyes holding a Sword, a young boy who looks like his the same age as me, but he has very light yellow green hair and emerald green eyes and he's holding a Bow.

"(Y/n)?" Said Naofumi as he looked at me.

"Naofumi?" I said as I looked at Naofumi.

The King's Advisor whispers something into his ear.

"Sir Katana Hero, I will let you live for now, but you have to help protect this Kingdom from the Waves of Calamity. Now, moving forward to the main topic. All of you, please introduce yourselves..."

The boy with the black hair and blue eyes who was holding a Sword steps up first.

"Ren Amaki, and I'm 16 year old highschooler." Ren said in his usual calm and serious tone.

The tall blonde-haired guy holding a Spear stepped up next.

"Motoyasu Kitamura, college student, 21." Said Motoyasu in his usual cocky tone.

The boy with light yellow green hair with emerald green eyes who was holding a Bow steps up next.

"I guess I'm next, I'm Itsuki Kawasumi, still in highschool and I'm 17 years old." Itsuki stated in his usual cheerful tone.

The King ignores Naofumi and moves on to me instead.

"And you?" King Aultcray asked.

"I'm (Y/n) (L/n), college student, age 17..." I said in my usual calm, gentle and well-spoken tone.

"Yo King! You're forgetting about me!" Naofumi exclaims.

"You can't just say 'Yo King' like that. Show some respect." Itsuki whispers.

"What do I call him then, 'your majesty'?" Naofumi asked.

"That might be a bit too formal..." Says Motoyasu.