Braelynn's Birthday

*The Next Day*

We all awoke with the slam of the door. I picked up Candice and took her to the bathroom and got her ready for daycare. Once I was done taking her a shower, I got her dressed. When I was all done, i left her in the kitchen with Nikki, who was making breakfast. Bri comes down with Cade, setting him on his high chair. Jordan grabbed the baby food from the high shelf and handed it to me as I put it in front of Cade. I grabbed the spoon from Bri before she left. I looked at the clock and it said 6:30. Nikki finished cooking and we ate the food. After we all ate, Cam and I took the kids to daycare before heading towards the school. We got out and saw Nikki and Bri coming into the parking lot. We wait until they came out before we walked in the building. We hear all these compliments being give to Cam. We all look at her and she was enjoying herself.

"Cam," I say, as she looked at me, "are you finding your inner player?"

She gives me this smile and turns back to the people. I shake my head and mess her hair up before heading to first period with the girls.

*First Period*

We were all waiting for Ms. Salez to come. I blew an air kiss over to Kadence and she blushes. We hear the door open and see someone other than Ms. Salez.

"What happened to Ms. Salez?" A student asked.

"I have no idea. She may have quit or something. They just call me and I teach. My name is Mr. Ratlin and I don't take too kindly on the slackers. If I catch you sleeping or not paying attention then you will be out of this class. You will repeat 12th grade and I don't think you want that."

Everyone shook their head and we all paid attention to the Mr. Ratlin. He wasn't kidding when he says that you'll be out. A kid fell asleep and he caught her. He made her grab her things and leave class. Once the bell rang, we all ran out of their as quickly as possible. We didn't want to stay and chat with him. Hell no, he scared the living shit out of me. When we got to lunch, Cam asked why we looked so scared.

"If you were with us, you would understand." Kadence simply put it.

Cam didn't ask anymore questions. The day went by quickly than I thought it would be.

*Home*

Kadence POV

I walked inside my aunts house and Braelynn ran up to me, hugging me.

"Lil girl, what's gotten into you?"

"I just missed you."

"Rae, you'll be okay. You are being homeschooled and Taylen is watching over you."

"I know but it gets boring."

I kiss her head and pull her into a hug.

"Happy birthday my love. I forgot to tell you this morning since your cousins and I overslept."

"Thank you."

"Go get ready."

"Where are we going?"

"To your favorite place."

"Are we going to Chuck E. Cheese?!"

"Yeah, now go get ready!"

She runs up the stairs excitedly. I texted Ashton to meet us there and bring the others. She texted back okay.

"Kay, we're going to go get the cake so we'll meet you there." Frankie said, walking out the door with Deidre.

"Tay?!"

"Yeah?"

"You wanna come celebrate Rae's birthday or you wanna rest?"

"If it's okay, I would like to rest. Rae has me worn out from the amount of questions she kept asking."

"Okay. We'll see you later then." I tell him just as Braelynn came down.

We walked out of the house but not before I locked it. Making sure that I was locked, we got in the car and headed towards Chuck E. Cheese. Outside waiting were the girls.

"Miles said that he didn't feel too well and Jordan has been puking since this morning. I left Cade in his crib because he also didn't feel well. I told my aunt and she said that she would take care of them." Ashton tells me, as she kisses my cheek.

"It's okay. Taylen says that he is worn out because of Rae so he stayed home."

"You look absolutely beautiful." She whispered in my ear before we headed in.

Braelynn rushed us inside and we got our hand stamped. Before we got it stamped, the lady asked if we had a reservation.

"Under Mendoza. Kadence Mendoza."

"Right, follow me."

She lead us to a table that was reserved for birthday parties. Braelynn was really excited that she wouldn't stop asking questions. I gave her some tokens before she took off running. The girls helped me out and answered the lady's questions. Ashton saw how stressed out I was and made me sit on her lap. She kisses my neck and I let out a soft moan as I bit my bottom lip.

"Hey, knock it off. You can't do that here. This is a kids place and some of the adults are staring at you saying you burn in hell." Deidre says.

We begin to hear crying and Candice and Braelynn running to us. I kneeled down to level with Braelynn. Frankie and Deidre were beside me as we asked what was wrong.

"Someone pushed me down after I was trying to help Candice. She was just playing a game and some boy pushed her out the way like she wasn't even there. I pushed him but he pushed me away and I got this." She said, showing my her rugburn.

I looked over at Ashton and it looked like she wanted to kill somebody. I quickly went to her side putting my hand out preventing her from getting up.

"Baby, this is a kids place. You can't go off on a little kid. We will just leave because it's not worth getting kicked out. Braelynn loves this place and she would hate me if she got kicked out."

"Kadence, my princess is fucking bleeding. That boy hit my little cousin. I w-"

She was cut off by someone. I turn around to face my ex Lisa. I felt arms wrap around my waist tightly.

"So this is the bitch you went to after ignoring my texts."

"She's not a bitch!"

"This hoe ain't gonna ruin my little cousin's damn birthday. Hell no." Deidre said, as she was taking off her earrings.

Frankie bear hugged Deidre and she wasn't able to get out.

"If it was your brother or whoever the fuck it was that hurt my little sister and my girlfriend's cousin then ya ass has another thing coming. Keep trying."

"Braelynn, let's go."

She obliged and we all headed out of Chuck E. Cheese. I look in my rear view mirror at Braelynn.

"I'm proud of what you did."

"I didn't like how he pushed Candice like that. No person should ever do that."

"I know. I hate when people do that."

"Me too." She said, looking out the window.

"I'm sorry that this isn't the best birthday you ever had."

"I just wanted to spend it with you."

I smile and continue to drive home. Ashton followed us home and I got the first aid kit when we got inside. I gave it to Candice, who was bawling.

"It hurts!"

Ashton was trying to clean out the wound and she wouldn't stop crying.

"Princess, you have to be quiet and stop moving around so much so I can hurry up and clean the wound!"

Candice stops crying but you could her ragged breath. She couldn't help but wince at every time the soaked napkin touched her skin. After Ashton cleaned out the wound and put a bandaid over it, we decided to watch Disney movies. We fell asleep not long after someone put the first movie up.