Death

A/N: I really hate my phone. Anyway, I had to republish my first chapter because I messed up by saying that Ashton was 18 but I meant to put 16.

Ashton POV

In a couple weeks, I'll be 17. My birthday was late so that's why I'm still a junior. It's on December 25. I loved it because my birthday was on Christmas. My wish every single time was for my mom to always be okay. This time my wish won't work. She died and it breaks my heart knowing that I won't be able to keep wishing that. I haven't seen Kadence since we arrived back home. That was a month ago. After a few weeks in New York, we came back home because we were tired of the rude ass people there. (A/N: I've heard that New York people were rude so if you aren't then I'm apologize. I don't mean to offend you.)

"Deidre, I haven't seen Kadence we got back. Where is she?"

I heard her get nervous and glass was being shattered. There was no response but I kept listening.

KADENCE, PLEASE PUT THAT DOWN!

NO, WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE MY FAMILY THAT KEEPS FUCKING DYING! I AM TIRED, DEPRESSED, HURT, ANGRY, EVERYTHING. SHE WAS MY LITTLE SISTER! I WENT TO SCHOOL WITH HER AND SHE DIED?! BECAUSE OF SOME ASSHOLE THAT THOUGHT THAT SHE WAS A HOE AND TRIED TO RUIN HER RELATIONSHIP?! JADE DIDNT DESERVE TO BE KILLED!

I took the phone away from my ear and left it on speaker. I guess my family heard because they all rushed in. Cam started to cry.

"Jade's dead?" She asked softly.

I comfort her as we continue to hear stuff breaking.

DAMN IT, KAY! EVERYONE FUCKING DIES AND I DONT KNOW IF ITS KARMA OR WHAT BUT YOU HAVE TO STOP BECOMING THIS GIRL THAT WE DONT KNOW! BRAELYNN IS 6 YEARS OLD ABOUT TO TURN 7 ON FEBRUARY 1. REESE IS DOWN THERE TRYING TO FUCKING CALM HER DOWN!

Someone came through the door and we heard another voice start screaming. Frankie.

KAY, STOP FUCKING BREAKING SHIT! YOU ARE ABOUT TO FUCKING BE AN ADULT! YOUR SISTER NEEDS YOU MORE THAN EVER AND YOU'RE IN HERE DESTROYING SHIT AND THROWING THINGS AT MY SISTER?! WE KNOW EXACTLY HOW IT FUCKING FEELS TO LOSE A BROTHER OR SISTER! JACKSON DIED WHEN HE WAS A COUPLE WEEKS OLD! YOU DONT UNDERSTAND HOW IT FELT TO SEE YOUR BROTHER DIE WHILE TRYING TO BREATHE! WE ALL WANTED TO SEE HIM GROW UP AND BECOME A GREAT YOUNG MAN BUT HE WASNT ABLE TO BREATHE WITH THE MONITOR OR WITHOUT! DEIDRE, GET OUT OF THIS ROOM NOW BEFORE THINGS START GETTING REAL UGLY!

We hear the door slam shut. I think Deidre forgot her phone.

FRANKIE, YOU JUST LOST A BROTHER! I FUCKING LOST BOTH OF MY PARENTS AND A SISTER! YOU CAN ONLY RELATE TO ONE OF THEM! YOU WERENT BEING TOLD THAT THEY WOULD COME BACK TO TUCK YOU IN! THAT NIGHT I WAITED FOR MY DAD TO RETURN FROM WORK BUT HE NEVER CAME! I DECIDED TO TUCK MYSELF INTO BED AND WAIT UNTIL THE NEXT DAY BECAUSE MAYBE HE FORGOT! THE NEXT DAY I WAS AWAKEN BY FIREFIGHTERS COMING TO MY HOUSE TO TELL ME MY DAD WAS DEAD! I WALKED INTO MA'S ROOM TO TELL HER BUT SHE WAS ALREADY DEAD! I LOST BOTH OF THEM! YOU GUYS HAD TO COME AND TAKE US! AFTER THEY DIED, I WATCHED MY FIVE YEAR OLD BROTHER SUFFERING IN THE CAR ON THE WAY TO THE HOSPITAL! DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I WANTED TO FUCKING DIE RIGHT THEN AND THERE?

We hear a thud and I think she fell to the floor. Everything stopped for skittle but you could hear her sobbing and that made my stomach twist. I hated hearing her cry.

Kadence, you just have to go keep moving forward. You have to think about Braelynn. You need to protect her. You will always have us and we will help you out with Rae. Right now, she's crying because of you. We need you to go downstairs and co-

Frankie was cut off by the door opening. There was a sheepish laugh.

Eh, I forgot my phone here. Sorry. Huh? Hello?

"Yeah?" I said, hesitantly.

Guys, they heard everything. I thought I ended the call when Kadence was throwing stuff at me but I guess I didn't.

We hear Frankie groan. Deidre started her sheepish laugh again.

Damn D, how the hell do you forget?!

The line went dead. I guess she's ended the call. I grab my keys and walked out the door only to be stopped by my cousins.

"Let us come. We want to make sure she's okay." Nikki says.

Sighing, I motioned them to come. They squeal in delight and I took Candice, Cade, Cam, and Jordan in my car while Nikki took Bri and Miles. We headed over to Kadence's and knocked on the door. The door opens and it was someone we've never seen before.

"Who are you?" The guy asked.

I was about to answer when Deidre's voice rang through the house.

"Taylen, who is it?"

"It's a group of people that I've never seen."

We hear Deidre come closer and she smiles once she did.

"Tay, this is Ashton and her family."

Taylen steps to the side letting us come in. We see Kadence talking to Braelynn on the couch and Reese sitting next to Braelynn. I don't think Kadence and Reese knew we were there because they didn't even look up. We hear footsteps coming down and Frankie's voice rang through.

"Ma said that she'll be home soon but that we have to make sure that Kay doesn't break anything."

Frankie didn't notice us until Deidre said something.

"Guys, are you out of it?"

"Whatchu talking about?"

Everyone looked up and saw us here. They immediately ran towards us. Frankie jumped on Nikki while Kadence jumped on me. I laugh softly.

"What are you doing here?" Kadence asked, shocked.

"You haven't seen us since we came back a month ago so I called Deidre asking her where you were but then I heard glass breaking and shouting occurred. Look Kadence, I'm sorry about Jade but think about Braelynn. She's just six years old and she is seeing the hateful side of you more than the loving side. I get that it hurts but we just have to move on because that's what they would have wanted for us. We can't bring them back but if we could then that would be great. Rae is terrified right now. She needs her big sister more than ever now that her other sister died."

I kiss her head and hug her as she began to cry. I motioned for Braelynn to come here but she shook her head.

"Rae," I say, letting go of Kadence and kneeling down, "I know that you are terrified but she is your sister. She can be scary because of the things she went through. If you understood then you wouldn't be so frightened. She loves you. It's just that people are always dying around her and it makes her turn into a hateful person. She will protect you from now on because you are all she has left. You don't have parents anymore and you don't have your sister. So be strong and go comfort your big sister."

She hugs me and then runs to hug Kadence, who pulled her into her lap and hugged her tight but gentle.

"Damn, our girl is becoming soft!" Deidre joked.

"I told you that I was done with my playing ways."

We all hung out like old times and just caught up before watching movies. The aunt/mom came home from work and cooked us dinner. It was a great day but we had to go home since it was getting late. We say goodbye to them and headed home. Candice and Cade were already knocked out once we arrived home.

"Hey mom, long night?" Miles asked, sitting next to her.

"Yeah, I'll be okay though."

I walk up the stairs and put Candice in bed while Nikki took Cade and put him in his bed. I kissed my little princess good night before heading downstairs. It was just Bri, Miles, and Jordan sitting there watching tv. Nikki and I joined in with them.

"Cam go to sleep?" I asked Jordan.

He nodded and I turned my attention back to the TV. We were watching cartoons. After a few shows, I fell asleep.