Ch 26 : Past

Nicolo p.o.v

Dad, Alexanders voice rang out, but all I could focus on were his words: Two prisoners escaped. Would she threaten our child? Had I already failed my daughter?

Tears welled up in my eyes as questions swarmed me, attacking like lions, and I felt like a helpless deer. Are you okay? he asked. Nodding, I cleared my throat and pushed back my tears. I couldnt afford to cry. Im going to check on Alora, Alex said, moving past me as I sank into one of the nearest chairs.

I closed my eyes as her promises flooded my mind like a tsunami.

I love you, Nic, no one else.

Our CHILDREN!

Help me set up their rooms?

My child will NEVER have to worry about us getting angry. I would love them too much to yell at them.

Imagine our life in the future, with two or three little kids. I want one girl though and maybe two brothers who would scare every boy that comes close to her, she laughed, sharing our future plans.

Areyouumokay? Eliass voice pulled me from the whirlpool of past memories. Yeah, I sighed as he awkwardly stood there. Why are you here? I asked. Alexander kicked me out, he replied, making me chuckle. Walk with me, I said, rising and walking towards the parking lot. Why are we leaving? he questioned. What do you want with my daughter, Elias? I asked, narrowing my eyes.

I dont knowI just feel like I want to be around her, and whenever Im not, I justfeel like theres something missingyou wont get it, he said. Why do you like me? she asked. You make me happy. When Im with you, I feel the happiest, and when Im not, my heart just feels like its not complete without you, I replied. Why, why me? she asked.

Idont know, love, I replied. She smiled, and my heartbeats quickened. The things she does to me!

So, I make you happy, and you like me? I asked. You make me feel the happiest. When Im with you, all I remember is you, he replied. Yeah, I probably wont, I sighed, looking away.

Go home, Elias. Just tell Alexander to stay with her, I said, patting his back. No, its okay he began. Sleep a bit, eat something, just tell Alex to stay there till you come back, I suggested, but he still looked a bit wary. Okay, he agreed, walking back.

Mr. Rome, Im glad to see you here now. I wanted to talk about your daughters health, I heard the doctor approaching me. Yes, is she okay? I asked. Yes, she is okay. Just a bit of shock, thats all. Considering her health and the bruises we talked about, I would recommend that she stays a day more for observation, he informed me. Nodding, I said, Thats okay. Thanking the doctor, I made my way towards my car.

Sitting inside my car, I drove towards home, remembering the promise I made to myself. A husbands love wont come in the way of a fathers duty.

I made my way inside, bumping into Bruno by accident. Oh shit, sorry, shi- sorry, he said, making me chuckle. You okay, Dad? Bruno asked. Im fine, I sighed. Where are you headed? I asked. I was just gonna go see Alora, he said, smiling. Before I could say anything, he gave me a side hug and rushed out. Okay, bye then, I said.

Walking into my office, I began sending emails to my spies, informing them of a new mission. Anyone who hurts my daughter needs to be gone, even if the person is the love of my life, she hurt my daughter.

Tears filled my eyes again. God, Nic! Youre crying over someone who hurt you, who left you and your children. Who may or may not have abused your daughter, who is hurting her now too. Youre crying over that person. Why? I love her. My hands clenched at that thought. I loved her. I dont love her, I cant.

Hey, Dad, Luca barged in. Come on in, I guess, I said as he sat down, frowning. You okay? he asked. What is it with everyone asking me if Im okay? Im fine, I said. Okay then, he whispered, his eyes widening a bit. Sighing, I asked, Did you need something? No, I just came to see if you came back or not, he replied. You want food? Luca asked, and I nodded. Food always cheers me up. Okay, come down in a few minutes then, he said, walking towards the door.

Luca, what would you do if the girl you loved suddenly becomes the girl you hate? I asked, and he frowned. If I truly loved her, I wouldnt be able to hate her. I mean, if she did something hurtful, I would be hurt, and I dont think I could trust her again, but I believe if you truly love someone, like LOVE them and not just like them, love them, then you cant hate them, he said, smiling.

What if you have to hurt them because they hurt someone close to you? I asked. If they loved you, why would they do that? he questioned. Thats the $100 question, my son!

Would you be able to? he asked. What?

Hurt someone that was your whole world? he whispered. Ill be down in a sec for the food, I whispered, swallowing a lump in my throat. Closing my eyes, I heard the door close.

Nic, are you still sleeping? I heard the sweet voice of my wife.

Baby, wake him up, please, she said. HUH?

Suddenly, I felt a weight on my chest. Before I had time to process what was happening, my hair got pulled. OW! I yelled, but that pain disappeared as I heard a sweet, squeaky laugh from Alexander and the cute laugh of my wife.

What a wonderful way to wake up, not to mention the fact that my hair just got ripped out, but yeah! So, teaming up, are we? I laughed, grabbing Alex and tickling him. MAAMAA! he laughed while yelling. I yelled as I felt her jumping on me. God, woman, what are you? I asked.

RING!

Your wife, you idiot, she said, laughing. I laughed with her.

RING!

Whos calling me this early?

RING!

My eyes opened to my phone ringing.

Alex.

The dream.

Picking up my phone, I answered while making my way downstairs. Hello?

Yeah?

Are you home?

No, Alex, Im at the moon.

Are you ever serious, Dad?

No.

I want to let you know that I think we found them. I paused, and I think my heart stopped. Im not too sure, though.

Its okay.

Ill send you the location.

Okay.

I love you, Nic.

Author's note

That was something, would you guys be interested in wanting their book? Their high school love or how they got married?

How are you? How's life?

How did you guys like the chapter?

I want to say thank you guys so much for the support and love! Have a wonderful day and enjoy :)

Quote of the day:

You loved my eyes, yet you still made them cry