04

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

" Well nobody asked you what your opinions were "

- Charlotte Wells

---

ON THE BACK OF THE SAME HORSE that departed Green Gables three days ago, Anne and Charlotte sat on top of it. Anne breathing in the air and admiring the sights, talking about the animals she would want to be. Charlotte sat silently listening, guiding the horse by the reins.

She jumped off, opening the gate and leading Anne and the horse through the yard by the reins.

As soon as she got through, Matthew popped out of the barn, just as Marilla ran out of the house. Matthew stepped forward, taking Anne's bags, helping her off the horse, while Marilla walked towards them.

"Well, it took you long enough to fetch her."

Charlotte turned around, rubbing muck and grime out of her eye. "Oh, I'm sorry to cause you worry while I was on the other side of the mainland."

Anne stepped forward, grinning widely. "Hello Miss Cuthbert."

"Hello Anne, good to see you back." Marilla nodded. "Please take your things up to your room and I'll get supper on."

As Anne walked up to the house, Charlotte looked over at Marilla. "For a woman practically begging to have her back you don't sound very grateful."

Marilla rolled her eyes, too tired to snap at her. "Just untack the horse."

Charlotte turned away, bringing the horse to the stable, untacking it and sitting down on a clump of straw. Due to the lack of sleep, she fell asleep in second, where she stayed asleep for the day.

Charlotte didn't bother changing for the picnic, she figured if people already didn't like her, why dress nicely in an attempt for them to change their mind.

She walked alongside Anne towards the several tents layed out, food everywhere. She cringed as Rachel Lynd and her husband walked up, she was never font of that woman. "Welcome home Anne."

"How do you do Mr. Lynd?" Anne smiled.

"Glad we didn't find you in a ditch," he smiled.

Charlotte stayed with Anne as the grown ups walked away. "You alright?"

"I feel unwelcomed," Anne admitted.

"If anyone does anything, let me know," Charlotte said, glancing at all the people looking oddly at the two. "And feeling making people feel unwelcome is what these people do."

Anne looked at the people of Green Gables as they whispered to her, one of the boys barking at her. She watched as Charlotte stepped towards him, grabbing a handful of grass and shoving it down the back of his suit, before walking away proudly.

Charlotte turned to her left, seeing Anne sprint away from the picnic, glancing over at Marilla. "I'll go. You apologize to Billy Andrews before I get back."

"Like hell I will," she spat as Marilla walked off.

Instead of doing any of the things Marilla asked of her, Charlotte stayed by Matthews side, watching Billy Andrews squirm around as he tried to get the grass out of his jacket with a smile on her face.