《 10. Raghavendra 》

Start from the beginning

I glance towards her chin which is reddening like a tomato, fuck me, obviously her skin would have marks if I am aggressive with her. She licks her lips and my gaze lends on the pillow soft plump lips she grits,"Don't touch me whenever you please, Kunwarsa. I am not your property or a commodity for that matter, I am a person."

Fuck my sanity, this is just going down the hill, her misunderstanding me and me misbehaving with her.

"Thank you for coming, I can handle this on my own, you may leave." she says dismissing me.

I look at her sharply and make her realise that if she was almost crying then it indeed was of importance and putting the ego in between would harm her in long run.

What she says next shocks me, that the one who is being targeted is none other than princess of Mewar, Chandani Sisodia.

I see, destiny is at it again, playing twisted games.

I hug Janaki as her anxiety is palpating and I instantly regret it, the whiff of her jasmine+lavender cologne fills my heart and shakes my senses.

"I am sorry, principessa, I am very sorry to argue with you and question you. I will make sure the surgeon is safe,okay? Now wipe your tears and straighten your posture just like you did when you left the garden after rejecting me, hmm?" I say to distract her from the problem.

She almost chuckles at me saying,"You recognised my little act of defiance?"

I say that her defiance attracted me, what's wrong in that, letting someone know that you find them attractive or like them is a sign of you being emotionally intelligent as you aren't hiding it and adding more problems in the relation.

"Now don't act like you don't know that you are attractive, you sure as hell know what you do to others, little temptress." I inform her.

Being seductive is what she is denying, but little does she know that her being herself is what makes her super magnetic and I tell her that.

But then she asks me,"Hmm, so I got you?"

I am flustered at her sudden question so I brush her interrogation off and instruct her about what she needs to do now.

I excuse myself to call Matteo as I would need his help to secure Chandani. Safeguarding her is the least I can do for my little brother, Adi.

"Matteo, I need you to do something for me."

The noise of a gun being loaded comes and he says,"Tell, fast."

"I am sending you the picture of a woman, who lives in the US, and works as a neurosurgeon there. I need you to keep an eye on her, make sure she is protected and no one tries to harm her."

"And who is she to you? Cause last I know you were chasing a princess? Some Indian chic who is an advocate. So a neurosurgeon or a lawyer?"He quizzes me.

I sigh,"Matteo, the one I am chasing isn't just a chic, she is a goddamn fiery woman and the neurosurgeon isn't mine, but is important enough to be protected."

He whistles a tune and says,"Love is in the air."

I roll my eyes and change the topic,"Did you get the details?"

I see that he has read the text, on the phone he says,"Yeah I got it, but why does the name Chandani sound so familiar? Where have I heard it? Oh?Oh-oh-hmm." he realised I guess.

"So what are you,both brothers dying to lose your bachelorhood?" He asks in a funny tone.

"Adi, doesn't know about all this , don't tell him, he very hardly got over her. He doesn't need to know that she is under danger." I warn him.