.𝟒𝟑 - 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡

Start from the beginning

Diego's brows furrowed in confusion at the statement. "You'll what?" He inquired.

Sersi rolled her eyes as she pulled away from Niko to walk back by Diego and Herb. "Gather your braincells this one time, Hargreeves." Nyx cracked a smirk at the instant offended look on Diego's face. "I'm coming with you."

"What?" Diego outraged. "You can't be serious. Absolutely not!"

"You're a man, Diego," Nyx spoke up in warning. "Stop whining like a little boy. She's going with you. Niko and I will meet you there. Get the rest of your idiotic siblings gathered around and then get ready for war." 

Diego's eyes blew wide in surprise. "War?" He questioned. 

Niko simply shrugged at his shock. "The Handler threatened the power of the moon and in return she will get the full force of her anger." He stated as though it were the most simplest answer. Diego's gaze drifted to Nyx who nodded in agreement. 

"We have to go. Now!" Sersi stated as she grabbed onto the briefcase. "Grab on, Caro."

Diego hesitantly reached for the briefcase but his gaze never left Nyx. "Be careful." He said, though it was more of an order than anything. 

Nyx spared him a smirk. "I'm not the one you should be worrying about." He didn't have time to reply before he, Sersi, and Herb vanished with a flash of light. 

The change of atmosphere in the room was instant. Darkness lept off the walls, rushing ahead of Nyx and bursting through the door of the room and rushing into the hallways. The smirk dropped entirely from Nyx's face, a deadly glare settling upon her features. The screams were instant. No blood had been poured yet but everyone on the floor knew it was coming. The shrieks of panic bounced off the brick walls of the Commission in one cocophanous wail. 

Nyx's gaze fell behind her to the rogue agents who were now all staring at her in nothing but pure fear. "The second I leave, you leave. Go up the back exit unless you want to get caught in the crossfire." They all nodded, some gulping and others letting out squeaks of fear. Her gaze then turned to Niko who was already staring at her in admiration. 

"After you, amore." He said while holding his arm out in a gesture toward the door. 

Nyx stood there for a second longer, basking in the wails of corpsues roaming the hallway. She closed her eyes, feeling the darkness sink into her veins. The anger that took to her heart now wasn't just her own but the moon's as well. Her eyes opened and with them the shadows lifted from her figure entirely, they would see her entirely as she killed them. She stepped into the hallway, Niko following in step beside her as she advanced down the hallway. The shadows seemed to part around her, gifting way to a silver light that highlighted her within the darkness. Niko could do nothing but watch in awe. It wasn't just Nyx channeling the darkness before him. It was the moon channeling Nyx. 

The screams within the halls seemed to grow louder, the thundering steps of people running almost drowned out by it. They could run all they wanted but there would be no escape. Nyx raised her hand, a long blade of darkness forming. Her eyes narrowed on the nearest runners as Theo clutched the hearts of those further away. With a single push of her hand the blade was sent free and sliced the first three agents in half. Blood splattered across the walls and pooled on the floor as she continued forward. The screams grew louder as Nyx grabbed her next to victims. Her hands close into fists, her glare deepening as she prevails down the hallway. A wail of anguish shoots through the air as the woman in the shadow's clutches implodes beneath the weight of them. Blood lands on Nyx's cheeks but she pays no mind to it. The desperate pleads of the remaining echo throughout the room but they're all silenced in seconds. The darkness slowly disappears from the basement floor of the Commission as light behind to bleed through. Niko can't help but smirk at the sight before him. Blood was splattered and smeared along nearly every surface and the heaps the twelve bodies littering the cement floor.