.𝟏𝟏 - 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬𝐧'𝐭

𝐁𝐄𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐈𝐅𝐔𝐋 𝐂𝐑𝐈𝐌𝐄
⋆⋅✧⋅⋆
(the day that wasn't)

𝐓here was no reality within Nyx's mind that she'd ever actually meet Five's family. As far as she was concerned, they were nothing but pale bodies rotting beneath ash and rubble. The apocalypse was a set point in time, one she'd dedicated her entire life to protecting. In turning away from the Commission, she had given up all hope for any other life. She had disassociated from her powers, accepted she'd never see blue skies or life again, and voided herself of her family. In loving Five she had given up her life many times before her death. She had never imagined seeing life outside the apocalypse again, let alone seeing his family. Yet here she was, sitting on a couch with a price tag higher than anything she had ever owned. She couldn't say it was a pleasant experience, not after she had raided their home and attacked them. They never tied her up or knocked her unconscious but it was clear enough by the watchful eyes that she remained their prisoner and not a guest. So she remained silent as they talked amongst themselves and did her best to hide her discomfort as she sipped from the mug of hot chocolate Luther had gifted her.

"Three days?" Allison asked as she handed Luther one of the two remaining coffees on her tray.

"That's what Five said," Luther clarified as he graciously took the paper cup from her hands and held it within his own.

"The old bastard did mention the apocalypse, come to think of it," Klaus said with a small shrug. "He just left out the part about how soon."

"But can we trust him?" Allison asked, her eyes subconsciously drifting to Nyx. "I don't know if you've noticed but Five's a little-" She placed her finger beside her temple and twirled it in tune with a whistle.

"Our little psycho," Klaus happily chimed as he sat on the floor beside Nyx's feet.

But Allison ignored his comment as she continued speaking. "I mean, he's working with the girl who raided our home and tried to kill us," She accused while sending a pointed look to Nyx.

Nyx rolled her eyes in response. "Oh get over yourselves, all of you." She shook her head in disbelief as she crossed her arms over her chest. "You're all so entitled, filled with egocentric self-importance. We weren't there for you."

Diego was quick to shoot her a glare as he muttered, "That's not the point."

"Nyx has had a change of heart." The words earned Luther stray glances from each of his siblings. "Trust me," He insisted in her defense. Nyx raised a brow at his sudden urgency to defend her after nearly wanting to kill her the night prior. It seemed everyone else was taken back by the action also, well everyone but Klaus who was too far gone in his own world to process their conversation. "Five was pretty convincing," He explained himself. "If he wasn't trying to stop an apocalypse, those lunatics wouldn't be chasing him."