.𝟑𝟑 - 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐣𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐜 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞

𝐁𝐄𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐈𝐅𝐔𝐋 𝐂𝐑𝐈𝐌𝐄
⋆⋅✧⋅⋆
(the majestic twelve)

𝐓he chilling burn of the icepack against Nyx's cheek was the only thing grounding her as she sat on the couch beside Diego and Lila. Her mind was spinning at a rate faster than she could keep up with. Everything around her just seemed to be cracking at the seams and she was unable to do anything to stop its destruction. She had found out early on in the morning when she had awoken that she wasn't the only one who had acquired injuries in recent days. Diego had a nasty stab wound in his lower abdomen that had left him bedridden for almost the entirety of her capture. At first, she found his predicament to be quite funny, especially when she discovered who it was who stabbed him. She saw it fitting as the perfect karma for leaving her to fend for herself. But then she discovered how hard he fought for her and how much harder Five fought against her. Despite how badly she wished it to be untrue, Nikolai was telling the truth after all. Five hadn't even tried to come and rescue her.

She'd be lying if she said the realization didn't hurt. It pained her more than any injury she had acquired from Sersi and Niko combined. She had thought to have found someone willing to fight for her. After all these years she had assumed that she finally wasn't alone. But alas he fell into the never-ending cycle of her trauma and only proved her right. She would always be alone. It angered her and left her utterly devastated. After everything she had done, he couldn't even try and look for her. Saying it didn't open her mind to question what other topics pertaining to him Niko had been right about would be a lie. 

The door to the apartment opening roped Nyx back into reality. What little focus she had on her surroundings quickly amplified as she took in the sight of Five entering the room. "Well, Vanya was a no go..." His words died on his tongue as his gaze landed on Nyx resting on the couch. He felt his heart stop in his chest as his body froze. She looked like shit. There was no simpler way to put it. The skin underneath her eyes was dark, her hair had been tossed about, the cut across her nose dared to bleed at any second, and a big bruise was forming on her cheekbone. Guilt weighed heavy on his heart as he took in her cold stare. She was not happy to see him.

"Nyx," He said breathlessly as he made his way toward her. "You're alive?"

She wanted to scream at him. To unleash every single drop of her anger and demand answers. It was a wrath she could hardly contain. Her grip was slowly slipping and it was only a matter of time before she blew up. How could he throw her away like that? After everything how could he list her so low on his priorities? But she remained silent in the unsureness that she could even handle the answers to her own questions.