.𝟐𝟒 - 𝐬𝐮𝐧'𝐬 𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞

𝐁𝐄𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐈𝐅𝐔𝐋 𝐂𝐑𝐈𝐌𝐄
⋆⋅✧⋅⋆
(sun's vengeance)

𝐈t was as though a dark cloud had snatched her into its grasp. Her airways had been pinched in its tight hold over her throat to the point where she lay on the brink of consciousness but loose enough to where she'd never succumb to the tender kiss of death. She was suffocating, no, drowning in the darkness. Trapped in its tide and tumbling aimlessly through the dark sea. She clawed her hands through the smoke and screamed her throat raw but no matter how hard she fought, it merely dissolved under her touch only to form back stronger. There was nobody to help her. No hero rushing to save the damsel in distress. She was trapped in her own personal purgatory paying the toll for the heavy weight of her sins. 

Nyx supposed she deserved it. She had never been a saint. No matter how hard she tried to be good, it was simply a title she could never obtain. She is a sinner through and through and no amount of good deeds could change that. The devil has had its' claws on her since the day she was brought into this world and its puncturing hold would never cease its tight grip, not until the day when she draws her final breath. She's long known this. 

Redemption and kindness were simply not created for her. She would never be worthy of them. Not in this lifetime. Not after the things she has done and the lives she's ruined. Her sole purpose on this Earth is to be the merciless shadow plaguing the light in the world and turning it cold. Anything she dared to touch becomes polluted and when the poison becomes too much they simply shrivel beneath her touch. Nobody was safe from her destruction, not even those she loves most. The poison does what it wishes and she'd long abandoned trying to control it. For that alone, she deserved every little hell thrust upon her. Every nightmare, every haunting image, every echo of past voices, and every ache that weighed upon her heart. She deserved it all and more.

And Ren...God Ren.

It was his intended destiny to die at her hand. It is a point thrust into every fabric of time and one that can never be reversed. His death was written in the stars and in every universe she would always kill him. 

She had betrayed him again. Left him to die without so much of a second thought because all that clouded her mind was saving herself. Of course, she had been selfish at the one time she needed to be selfless. Why wouldn't she be? All she ever cared about was herself. It didn't matter the amount of love he had shown her or how willing he was to go to war and break his own morals because of her. He betrayed everything he stood for. He went against Theo, their own flesh and blood, and she couldn't even will herself to say thank you. He didn't deserve it.