Chapter 7

When Percy woke up in the morning, he decided to pack his things and mist travel from his camp site in the woods to a random alley way in Cardiff, Wales. He appeared in the alleyway outside of a Premier Inn, in central Cardiff, he walked in and booked a bedroom for just one night, he walked up to it and put his stuff down. He then left and decided to try and find a second hand laptop as it would be easier than finding libraries all the time. 

He asked directions for the nearest second hand tech shop, someone showed him to CeX. He found a pretty cheap, low spec one for £100, he walked back the way, he came as he noticed a Costa Coffee, he walked in, he ordered a large hot chocolate and sat down, booting up the laptop, and setting up an account. He was going to do some research on Welsh Mythical Creatures. 

The first creature that came up was, the red dragon features in the tale of Lludd and Llefelys, from the Mabinogion. There are two dragons who are constantly at battle with each other and are causing fear and destruction wherever they go. One dragon is red and one is white, and many believe that these colours are meant to symbolise the red dragon being Wales and the white dragon being England. Lludd and Llefelys eventually trap the dragons in a pit filled with the country's best honey wine and bury them, so they can no longer cause chaos over the land. Fun Fact: The dragons were later awoken by King Vortigern who was building his castle on the site where the dragons were sleeping, even after being warned not to. The two dragons began fighting again once awake, but eventually the white dragon fled and the red dragon returned to its lair.

Next was, Adar Llwch Gwin. One of the more familiar-looking of the Welsh mythical creatures, the Adar Llwch Gwin is a giant griffin-type bird, with the head and wings of an eagle and the body of a lion. A ferocious beast that can understand human language and if tamed would loyally obey their master's every command. The creature, in a Welsh myth, was given to a warrior called Drudwas ap Tryffin as a gift by his fairy wife before he was due to battle the famous King Arthur. Knowing that Arthur led the charge in his battles, Drudwas ap Tryffin commanded his Adar Llwch Gwin to kill the first man to enter the battle. Unfortunately, Arthur was delayed, and Drudwas was the first man to enter. As his creature was so loyal to his master's commands, it turned and killed Drudwas.

Next, was Afanc. Featured in the story of Perdur son of Efrog, the Afanc is said to look like a demonic beaver or crocodile. Some even claim it's a dwarf. This clever lake monster sneaks up from the dark depths of caves to kill any unsuspecting man who enters or fishes in its waters without its permission. It can even kill with its poisonous spear. The Afanc can also take the form of a handsome young man and lure young women to its lake, where it will then drown its victim.

Next, was the Hounds of Annwn. These Welsh mythical creatures that resemble hounds appear in the First Branch of the Mabingion, in the story of Pwyll, Prince of Dyfed. They look like ordinary hunting dogs, except they have red ears. They are also from the Otherworld and belong to a lord named Arawn. It's said that their appearance can mean that a dramatic change or event is about to happen, such as a change of the reigning King or Queen.

Next, was The Birds of Rhiannon. These Welsh mythical creatures have a powerful and soothing effect. They are able to help people forget terrible memories and feel comforted with a sense of joy. They can even stop you from ageing. However, they can also pull you into a sort of sleepy daze, so you are not able to do anything but feel blissful. These birds are also said to wake the dead and their song can appear very near to you even if they are far away.

Next, was Twrch Trwyth. This creature was once a Prince who was so evil that as punishment he was turned into a creature resembling a huge boar. The boar led seven smaller piglets, and together they caused chaos and destruction wherever they went. Even the great King Arthur could not defeat Twrch Trwyth, who hunted the boar to get a razor and shears from between the beast's ears. They chased the creatures through all of Wales and down to Cornwall. Many worthy champions were unable to kill the creature in their pursuit to slay the beast. Eventually, Arthur and his men were able to drive the creature into the sea off the coast of Cornwall, and it was last seen heading towards Ireland.