Chapter 5

The next morning:

Percy woke up around 11am and got up off the floor, he stretched out his muscles, before going outside and relighting the campfire so he could make his breakfast. He had picked up some simple oats from the village yesterday.

Once the fire was up, and he cooked his oats. He ate half, before pouring the rest into the fire "for the Olympians" he spoke and put out the campfire and packed his tent up, he would now seek out a inn in a local village. His plan was to learn about martial arts, as well as the people's mythology. And possibly try and get a samurai armour and katana made out of Celestial Bronze aswell as Imperial Gold.

Once, he was all packed up and everything was in his bag, he put the bag on and started to trek towards the village. The village was Biei Cho, it was quiet in comparison to somewhere like a city.

As, the demigod reached the village, he took in the breath taking view. He adventured down, in hopes of finding an inn for his stay. He walked down streets, before finding a hotel. It was the Hotel Lavenir Biei. As Percy went up, and brought a room for 3 nights. He was given the key to his room. He made his way to his new room and settled in. He took a quick half-hour nap.

After he woke up, he decided to leave his hotel room and he ventured out in hopes of finding a library. He knew it would be hard to read, they might not even have books in English. In that case, he hoped they had computers that had English on them and if they didn't he was at a dead end. 

He arrived at the Biei-Cho library, as he walked in, they did in-fact have books and computers in English. (Quick A/N. I know they probably don't but I changed it for my plot line). He sat down at the computer, the words jumped around, however he managed to find a setting to set it to Greek. The words now stopped jumping around and he managed to read them, he searched the web for Japanese Mythology. He was going to learn about Japan's myths and legends.  

The first one that came up was, Izanagi one of the divine creators alongside his wife Izanami. He is the father of countless kami's (god's, deity's, spirits)  as well as the bureaucracy of the heavens, which his daughter, Amaterasu the goddess of the sun presides over. Izanagi, is considered to be the father of the Japanese pantheon and is often considered to the creator deity. Though the latter, is not entirely true, it is accurate that he is the father of many kami. He also defends against the forces of Yomi(the land of the dead) as well as ensuring there are more births than deaths every day in order to preserve his creation. The weapon he often wields is  Ame-no-nuboko, the heavenly jewelled spear with which he churned the primordial seas.

He is the father, of many Shinto rituals as well, this includes marriage and misogi. The misogi ritual is central to Shinto beliefs and uses water to wash away any impurities, such as the death and rot that Izanagi encountered while in the underworld. As the father to the Chief gods of Heaven, Izanagi was the original ruler of Heaven and he trained his daughter, Amaterasu to take the throne. While, he does still maintain some authority, Izanagi has bequeathed most of his powers to his daughter, Amaterasu, who now serves as the true ruler of Heaven. 

Izanagi and his sister-wife Izanami, are the seventh generation of the Kamiyonanayo and are the  children of Omodaru and Kashiko-ne. Together with Izanami, Izanagi drew the islands of Japan from the sea; in this way, the two deities effectively gave birth to the islands, which in turn are considered to be their children. The islands in this creation myth are generally thought to be Kyushu, Shikoku, and Honshu, as well as the smaller islands that surround them. Izanagi then fathered the first great generation of kami, culminating in the birth of the fire god Kagutsuchi, who killed Izanami.

Percy took a breath from reading, and while he did he though. "What is it with gods marrying their siblings." He carried on reading. 

As Izanagi purified himself in the wake of this tragedy, Izanagi fathered Amaterasu, and the three most important gods in the Japanese pantheon. Through Amaterasu, he is an ancestor of the Japanese Imperial family. The tale of Izanagi is central to the , the origins of Japan told in many traditions.