Chapter Thirty-Five

Start from the beginning

"Does this mean you'll loosen up once in a while?" Calypso asked, "I don't like you being all serious, professor."

"Fine, fine. Why do you guys want to hang around here anyway? There's nothing to do."

"The library is boring." Talik mutters.

"And we can't really go anywhere else." Simmone adds. Xelqua sighed. "You know classes require reading in the library sometimes, right?"
"We do, but it's so boring....." Talik sighed leaning back in his chair. "Woah-" He started before there was a crash and everyone else started laughing. "Ow..." He groaned.

"That's what you get for leaning too far back in your chair, Talik." Xelqua sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. He looked up after a moment and blinked looking towards the door, furrowing his brows and pressing his lips into a thin line.

"Professor?" Eli asked, going to put a hand on his shoulder before Calypso stopped him and looked at the door herself. "It's the council isn't it?" She asked.

"Yeah. I'm being summoned. I don't know why but it's not coming from the council's chambers." He got up and grabbed his mask. "It's the Deadman's zone."

"Do you want us to go with you?" Simmone asked, looking at him. He shook his head. "It's alright. You all should stay here." He said and set the mask on the bridge of his nose before leaving the room.

Calypso watched him leave before his communications band buzzed on her wrist. She opened the chat and as her eyes flicked through it they darkened. "Simmone, Diane."
"Yeah?"
"You two go with him. It's not going to be our council. It's going to be the Listener's and the Admin's with Martyn and Xisuma."
"Why are they all going there? Especially with our professor, Martyn and Xisuma affected?" Myles asked, though he got no answer as Simmone and Diane ran out to catch up with Xelqua.

They grabbed either arm and walked with him. "Simmone, Diane what are you doing here?" He asked, tilting his head to them.

"Martyn and Xisuma messaged your comms. It's not just our council but the two of them and theirs too." Simmone stated.

"So Calypso sent us to go with you. We don't know why but we thought it'd be better to go with you since you also can't see anything right now." Diane added, looking around the halls. Xelqua sighed, hanging his head and stopped in his tracks. He turned to them and put a hand on their heads. "Thank you, but I want you two on your best behaviour...even if it seems the three councils are at a standstill, I don't trust it."

"Alright professor." The two nodded before the three of them walked to the portal and were whisked away to the deadman zone.

"Xelqua!" Xisuma and Matyn called out and jogged to him, sounding relieved. Simmone and Diane narrowed their eyes at the two of them before looking around the isle.

The three councils were a bit ways away, as well as four other people, they seemed like students. "Who are they?" Simmone asked, nodding in her head to them. Xisuma looked over his shoulder to them. "Our students...They came without asking." He said and motioned for the two of his students to come closer.

"Kaylen, Callias. This is Xelqua and his students." He said and Xelqua chuckled, bowing his head as his students just looked at Xisuma's. "This is Simmone and Diane. Girls, be nice, please." He said softly.

"Yes professor..." Simmone nodded before looking at Martyn's students. "Malia, Ryner. Come over here you two." Martyn said, waving them over. They complied and said their hellos before Martyn read something from his comms. "I don't know why we're here. You didn't have to come, you two." He said looking at them.

"Neither did you two." Xisuma said, pointing at his students. "You just decided that you'd come along when you heard we were being summoned here. I don't even know why you guys would want to come?"