chapter 2

cryia pov

today was the funeral of the king, Daospyle, I thought at the moment as I finished getting ready. In Amazon culture, we wear, white in honor of the memories of the soul we just lost they are moving in into the next world. the promised land they called it, I thought as I finished getting ready at the time, wearing a white deerskin dress, with matching boots. there was a dress, that had white feathers from the healing symbol the owl. I wore a silk, sheer veil from the headpiece as well.

in the moment, as I finished my tribal symbols. on my arms and legs and my face, I thought at the time. As I went into the room, that was my godmother's daughter Hyria, she lost her parents when she was 5 years old. I was close to her parents, I was named her godmother. before her birth, I thought as I knocked on the door. there was Hryia, she was dressed in her white deerskin cloak and peral armlet her mother left her I thought. As I went to help her with her white tribal paint, I thought at the time. "I can't remember my parents.

Do you? Remember my parents?" she asked I was caught off at the time, I thought at the time as I spoke. "We carry their legacy in our hearts, Eihyia. The trial paint, it's not just a reflection of our past, but a commitment to shaping the future. Your parents' spirit lives on in you." I told her, I saw the pain in her brown eyes, " you have your mother's beautiful locks, and your father's kind and understanding heart hryia" I said as she smiled at the time. " time to go" I said as I heard the chanting outside of our chambers. I thought at the time, as we left, I had been living underground for a while, maybe more than 5 years. I thought of the crystals that light our underground world. that we have all been hiding since the fall of the ape kind and Amazon kind.

the crystals called starlight, crystals are embedded into the walls. light the pathways within the cave system. As he headed to the throne room, a powerful tree called the redwoods. the roots can heal anything. if you cut, boil, and make them up in tea or soup as well. I thought as we walked into the throne room with Hyria, other amazons were there as well. soon after everyone gathered in the throne room, and then we heard the queen's warriors chanting before they entered the room. " one of these days the rise has to happen" I thought as I saw Queen arera walk into the throne room with a heavy heart.