Chapter 4 : A Wedding

Four : A Wedding

Four : A Wedding

In the expansive landscapes of Botswana, 'WE' reverberated as Aadhya's passion transformed into an organization that transcended political and geographical boundaries.

Reflecting on her unique position, Aadhya found herself often on the side of history, navigating a life steeped in wealth and privilege, a stark contrast to the experiences of the majority.

Her journey in Africa began during a childhood visit to Masai Mara with her parents. Born and bred in London, the revelation of Masai Mara left an indelible mark on Aadhya. The stark difference between her privileged upbringing and the untamed beauty of Africa fueled a desire for change.

Motivated by the profound impact of that childhood experience, Aadhya set out to make a difference, driven by the stark contrasts between her life of privilege and the captivating authenticity of Africa.

The journey began with a focus on education. Aadhya, inspired by the transformative power of learning, embarked on a mission to build schools across Africa and Asia. This marked the inception of 'WE Schools,' an initiative aimed at providing quality education to underprivileged children, empowering them with the tools to shape their own futures.

As the 'WE Schools' initiative gained momentum, Aadhya's vision expanded to address healthcare disparities. Witnessing the pressing need for accessible medical facilities in these regions, she launched 'WE Health.' This branch of the organization focused on building hospitals, ensuring that communities in Africa and Asia had access to essential healthcare services.

Aadhya's commitment to social impact, coupled with strategic initiatives like 'WE Schools' and 'WE Health,' transformed her initial vision into a comprehensive organization dedicated to creating positive change on a global scale.

In the heart of a village near Maun in Botswana, Aadhya engaged in a conversation with the head of the project, Mr. Molefi, and the newly appointed principal, Mrs. Kgosi, as they overlooked the newly constructed primary and secondary school buildings.

The sun painted the scene with warm hues as Aadhya expressed, "This marks the opening of our fifth school on this trip. Seven schools in total will bring so much positive change to these communities. How many children will benefit from this?"