jolly roger discussion

I wake up, still in the same spot I fell asleep at. A protective arm around my shoulder. I reckon I am leaning against it. I would have fallen head-first on the deck if it wasn't for the arm. Why did I fall asleep sitting up?
I rub my eyes and sit more upright so I can actually see what's going on. The arm is cautiously being pulled away by a half-asleep Zoro. He did that for me? That's so thoughtful.
He continues sleeping. A slight snore setting in seconds after he has put his arm back down. He's quick. Luffy is still sitting at the peak of the boat. Nami must still be in the room. The sun has set quite a bit though. I'm guessing I was out cold for a good two hours. That must have really pulled on Zoro. Instead, he could have also just slowly put me down, let alone wake me up if it was too uncomfortable for him. Wait, now that I think about it. I didn't fall asleep with his arm around me. He was just sitting next to me. Hm. That's cute then.

I stood up to check on Nami. She was sitting outside, studying the map. "Hi you." I smiled at her, she hadn't noticed me approaching her. She looks up at me, glasses on her Nose. She smiles back. "I didn't know you have glasses," I state. "Yeah, I don't really need them, yet, I like to use them just in case when it comes to maps." "You really know your way around maps and navigation, don't you?" She laughs a little. "Yeah." I'm sure she's been interested in them since she's little but I don't push it, since she didn't say more regarding my question. I think she likes to keep to herself, too.
"I have never seen that before, though." She asks for my help. She scooted over for me to sit next to her and have a look. "This is-"
"Guys, look!" Luffy interrupts. He's holding up his attempt for a jolly roger. I hold up my thumps as Nami starts speaking. "What is that?" "It's a jolly roger! Every pirate crew has one on their ship. Now we do too. I just need to put it up." Luffy is very happy with his work. It looks a little crooked and it's not exactly going to scare others away, but hey, Luffy's happy so I'm happy. I'll make sure to give it a little do over some time.
"We're not a crew and you're not putting it up on my ship." Luffy and I pout at her. Also, I just now realize that this is, in fact, Nami's boat. I don't know why I assumed this to be Luffy's. Maybe because he so surely led us to the docks after we had gotten the map? He was probably just going to take one of them if Nami wouldn't have suggested hers.

Zoro steps outside. "Hey Zoro, check it out!" Luffy presents his flag. He looks at the crooked skull with a straw hat, up to Luffy, flashes me a small look, and then back to Luffy. "That's... unique." Very well put. He sits down close to me, looking at Nami. "Nami, I think your toilet's busted." She looks at him in an indescribable manner, as if she's not sure what he's talking about, much less what she is supposed to say. This can't be good. "We don't have a toilet." She's shocked.
"Oh." Zoro seems a little surprised. I really hope he didn't use anything in there as a toilet. I mean how hard can it be to see whether it's a toilet or not. But with Zoro, you never know. "Well, something back there is leaking." Thank God, he didn't use the small room as a bathroom.

She ran inside the room, closing the door right after her. I got up to help her but since she closed the door I sat right back down. "Why did she close the door behind herself?" I ask quietly as if the others could have known. "Maybe to keep in the water?" I close my eyes for a second, to roll my eyes behind the lids. Did he really just say that? Well, I guess he was just trying to help, so, I should appreciate his try.

"We have water leaking in. What did you do?" Nami came back out, closing the door behind her again. She went straight for Zoro. "I didn't do anything.' He said indifferently, not getting phased by her attitude. "I'm sure you were slashing your swords around and cut open the boat!" That couldn't possibly be the case. The swords are in a Saya each, and I don't think Zoro would have used that small space for a training session.

"Maybe you should have stolen a better boat." Good one. The two of them look at each other intensely. I would love to break off the fight but I wouldn't be able to. Luffy might though. "Guys, guys. Crew meeting." Luffy claps to get their attention. "Not a crew." The two huff simultaneously. Well, at least they share one common ground.

"We'll need a better boat. A ship even. A real pirate ship, to make it to the Grand Line. Worthy of the straw hat crew!" Luffy is very inspiring, actually. "Wait. Straw hat crew? Really? That would be our name?" Nami asked. Aha! She just said our, I believe Luffy repetitively calling all of us a crew is finally getting in our heads.
"Yeah, I thought it had a nice ring to it," Luffy answered Nami's question. To be honest, I don't think it's that bad of an idea. Everyone calls him the guy with the straw hat, it's the very first thing anyone would notice about him. And Luffy is not going to let go of that hat anytime soon. Also, the crew's name and the jolly roger are always based on their captain. And I'd rather be known under the name of straw-hat pirates, than Luffy or better yet monkey pirates.
"Demon has a nice ring to it." No, no it doesn't. Also, that wouldn't fit us at all. At most, it would only fit you, Zoro. "I think the straw hat isn't even that bad," I say. "Thank you, Kairi!"

"Headgear isn't scary." Zoro continues. "Who said pirates have to be scary?" Luffy asked. That kept us all quiet. "The point is, we need a new ship. So, where do we get one?" "Where's the next harbor?" I ask Nami, she's already having a look at the map. "Best bet is gonna be Gecko Island. We should be able to make it there before we sink. Ditch this one and grab a better one." Sounds pretty simple. Let's see if it turns out that way.
"Good. With a working toilet." Zoro said. He really always has to have the last word in an argument. That earns him an annoyed look from Nami. "Great job, Navigator!" Luffy says, to keep the two from bickering again. I am surprised by how well he can prevent these two from fighting. In a way, Luffy has his way around words. Maybe it's his charisma. Or his confidence. Maybe his authority as he is the captain? Okay, no. That can't be it. No one really respects him in that sense.
"But you're still not putting that up on my ship" Nami points at Luffy's flag. There we have a great example of the lack of respect. Although, I am one to talk. I am not bowing to Luffy either. I don't think he'd want us to.