Ch 62 Celebrities Meet

Start from the beginning

He shakes his head. "And where are the heroes? Why, asleep in their beds! Which is exactly where I shall be heading! So long, and good night my dear fellows!"

He pauses for a moment then claps his hands, dropping the money as an excited squeal echoes out. "That was amazing, Gentle! The heroes didn't even show up to interrupt us!"

The man known as Gentle Criminal nods as a little girl, who's eyebags make me question just how large Mr. Aizawa's family is, walks out. "Indeed, La Brava. Though I do worry that the lack of, say, excitement shall not draw a large quantity of views."

Before the girl can reply my voice drifts down from above, causing the duo to jump. "I'm sure that I can purrovide any excitement you knead~."

I drop into a crouch in front of them, meeting the fancily dressed individual's eyes. And judging by the way those eyes widen, they recognize me.

"You are one of the Cat-aclysm girls!"

"...Nya?" I tilt my head in confusion and he clarifies.

"It is well known that the name of 'Cat-aclysm' is held by more than a single individual. The one who utilizes a form of armor in the shape of a cat," he gives a small bow, "and yourself, who fights hand-to-hand utilizing only your claws."

The girl pipes up. "There's even been talk online about how Cat-aclysm is the name of a group instead of a person!"

"... Again, nya the nya?" I shake my head in disbelief. People think that there's multiple of me...? I...guess that sort of makes sense? It would explain why I've met people either outside or inside the Masquerade and they've acted like they didn't know me when the opposite occurs. Doesn't explain how that happened, but it explains the reactions.

But that's something to think about later. For now, I've been presented with a unique opportunity...

"Can I have your autograph, nya?" I pull out a marker and a spare mask, holding both out to him.

He blinks at me blankly for a moment while the girl's eyes narrow before showing me a beaming smile. "Of course! Am I correct in assuming that you are a fan of our videos then?"

I nod while he signs and the girl's expression morphs into a smile. "Mainly about how mew ensure that nobody uninvolved gets hurt." After pocketing the now signed mask -which I'll hang next to my own signed stuff in my room- I clear my throat. "Mrow that the pleasantries are out of the way-"

My eyes narrow and my claws pop out. "Care to explain why mew have a kitten helping mew with your work?"

They're taken aback by my sudden aggression, sharing confused looks before looking back at me. ""Kitten?"" They ask.

"Kittens, kids."

Now the girl looks offended and starts throwing her fists in the air. "Who you calling a kid you brat! I'll have you know I'm twenty-one!"

I shoot her a doubtful look, but Gentle Criminal assures me that the girl, who apparently goes by the name La Brava, is telling the truth. "I'd never involve any young ones in my dastardly plots! I am a villain of morals, as I'm sure you would know if you have viewed our videos!"

I nod with a sigh, my tail calming down from its previously puffy state. "You're right, I'm just a bit appurrhensive after learning about a certain situation."

"Hmm." He hums, gripping his chin in thought while the short woman pulls at his other hand.

"Come on Gentle, let's leave the judgy girl behind."

She doesn't have the strength to force him to move, as he clearly wants to remain. After apparently coming to some sort of conclusion, his head shoots up and his glare meets my curious eyes. "If your reputation is as honest as I believe it to be, then that must mean that someone within your domain has taken up that foul practice."

I scowl, nodding the affirmative. He continues. "If you'd like, the two of us would be more than happy to help you, eh, 'clean house', as it were."

"But Gentle-!" La Brava objects only for Gentle Criminal to crouch and place a finger on her lips.

"Shush, La Brava. You are aware of the lines we refuse to cross, and as such it is our duty to punish those who do."

She nods rapidly. "I know that! But we should still find out more about this before saying we'll help! What if it's a trap?"

I shake my head in bemusement, seriously considering his offer. It's unexpected, but it's also a chance to put Nezu's intentions to the test without endangering anyone from the Cult...

"Before I meow, why do videos of what mew do?" I've always been curious. Even the things they do that don't have aspects of vigilantism to them they post. If they kept it to only those, then there'd be a bigger chance that people would fight to have their videos remain on sites. But since they also include the blatantly criminal ones, they lack that support.

Hearing my question Gentle Criminal preens. "Why, to be remembered of course!" I blink, not understanding. "It is the lowest point, to leave behind nothing. But even should you die having accomplished a number of achievements, constructed a vast legacy for all to admire - what does it matter if you are not remembered for it?"

He shakes his head. "That is what I wish to achieve. A legacy that people shall look to and say, "Gentle Criminal accomplished that." I will not be forgotten."

"His desire is plain," many would say. "Everyone wants to be remembered," they'd argue. And they'd be right, to a certain extent. But what they fail to consider is this man's conviction. He has the strength of will to stand up to those same nay-sayers. To say, "So what? I'll achieve my dream regardless of your thoughts on the matter."

It's admirable. So I make him the offer.

"There's a meeting in a couple days, nya. If you give me your number I can meowssage you mrow details when I have them."

He does so and I smirk at him as I turn away. Leaving him blinking dumbly with the words that trail behind me as I climb once again. "Mew should look forward to working with the heroes."