Chapter 2: A Vampire's Breakfast (Staring YOU as the meal!)

(Y/N's POV)
[Metro City, New York]
[Y/N's Studio Apartment]

The intentionally painful droning of my alarm clock started to blare right through my ears, leaving me now awake and lying still on the couch without wanting to move...but being incessantly nagged by a piece of silicon and plastic was good for no one's mental health. I groaned, reaching out my arm and stretching-

Wah-fuck!

As I reached out with my right arm, my left went with it, being dragged along, and sending me on a crash course with the floor. I sat up, rubbing my head, feeling the chains still latched to my hands drag beneath my hands. That is going to be hard to get used to. I stood on my knees and silenced the man made rooster.

My hand rested on the alarm clock while I stared at the tattoo on the back of my hand. No matter how many times I saw it, it still filled my body with unease. The sharp,blade-like patterns, there were two axehead-esque shapes overlaid and winding through each other. One smaller than the other, and both had one 'head' larger than the other.

I shook my head, trying my best to forget it and get ready for my day.

It was cold out, but despite this, I couldn't put on a jacket because the chains were restricting my arms from separating. I guess this is my life now, I started to wonder if this was better than prison...if what Cody said is true I would improve quite a bit if I had to fight in there every day!

...But did I want to deal with eating prison food?

Fuck no I didn't.

So it was one man chain gang for me, no matter how much it made everyday work harder to do. Not that there was much work to do if I wasn't able to perform my primary source of illegal income, so I guess it's regular job postings for the time being. How I was going to get a normal job if I was showing up to interviews with manacles on was beyond me, but it was definitely necessary if I didn't want to starve during my 'sentence'.

I started my coffee while I started to search through job postings on my phone, looking for anything that didn't matter if I had full use of my hands or not, hopefully in an industry where having your hands locked together wasn't the strangest thing...but after a bit of thought I realized there was no industry in the world where cosplaying a convict wasn't weird. Maybe I could get some remote work if I could hide my hands during our interview. The chains at the very least gave me enough room to type, but willingly assigning myself to the position of glorified discord mod sounded like it might as well be prison.

After my dirt tasting freeze dried coffee finished, I drank it straight from the pot, coming over the window and looking down from the fifth floor at the city. The crack of dawn was a hell of a time to wake up in Metro City, the time right before everyone woke up and the city lights were just beginning to shut off. The grayscale of miniscule sunlight washing over the asphalt and concrete of this unending jungle of urban sprawl. The unease this city brought out at night had yet to settle, leaving this stretch of slums nearly void of life...save for the rats, and the homeless limping along hoping for a better life to find them.

It was the last place I wanted to be, these streets, didn't matter how much glory they offered, being fated to spend a night out in this jungle of concrete was a fate worse than death. And it was here in this transition between squalor and highlife, when the rats trickled into the sewers to be unseen by the business men and blue collar workers, that I would make my journey back to the town hall alone.

Sure, six o clock wasn't much of an ask for someone who had a vehicle, but with nothing but the broken bus system to rely on, getting across town was a herculean task. Made even worse by the depressing dread this part of the city at this time of day weighing down on me.

I returned the coffee pot to the burner, being sure to turn it off before I made my way down the winding flights of stairs to get down to street level.

[Metro City, New York]
[West End Slums]

I shivered at the bus stop, not wanting to sit anywhere near the bench, instead leaning up on the outside of the awning against the wall of advertisements for products I had never heard of. I wasn't sure who thought it was a good idea to slap names onto the sides of bus stops, they must have some sort of grudge against the companies. With the raw amount of (literal) shit I have seen happen at these stops, it was a wonder it didn't cause them to go instantly out of business.
I had almost completely dozed off by the time the bus had arrived, I shook myself awake after the doors swinging open jumpscared me, and tripped over the stairs as I made my way in. Luckily, it seemed that nobody noticed, so I made myself comfortable about midway down the bus and threw my arms behind my head...

...Nobody noticed me...

Nobody.

I blinked and looked around the completely empty bus, nothing but row after row of untaken seat, and miscellaneous garbage that peppered the interior like salt on your profile after a Tekken match. I shook my head and did a double take...was I really this lucky to not have to share a bus space with Karen, Kyle and Homeless Joe?

I settled in, almost instantly forgetting about the situation, putting my earbuds into my ears and quickly drowning out the growling sound of a dying bus engine with tasteful music. Though I normally wasn't one to doze off on a bus, having it be empty was a perfect opportunity to let my guard down, right?

And so that is how I lost myself in my music, at least until I felt hot breath starting to go down my head. It was a close, warm dampness, with the unmistakable presence of someone lingering behind me. I slowly started to turn my head, but quickly ducked and threw myself out of my seat when a tongue ran along the skin of my neck.

"What the hell is your problem?" I scolded the person in the seat behind me...only to find the seat behind me vacant. I tilted my head to the side, leaning around the fabric, peaking at the spot...finding nobody there except a small little fuzzy form. A little fuzzy form that leaped at me like a rabid jack in a box. I flinched, swatting at it, only for it to take off like a bat out of hell to the back of the bus.

I reached up, planting a hand on my chest to feel my heart rate. It was beating against my ribs like they owed it money.

"Just a bat..." I rubbed my neck where it licked me, checking for blood, "I'll have to get myself checked out for rabies...for fuck sake, I can't afford that!"

"I do not have rabies..." A tired voice suddenly ripped through the silence like a chainsaw through rotten flesh, followed by a lackadaisical yawn. I shot my eyes to the seat across from the one I sat in; seeing a sea of red...

A red dress, red eyes, red eye shadow, red horns, and red roses, with two pinprick fangs resting inside the mouth of smiling purple lips, "But I do still bite..." She raised her arm, letting the hand at the end fall lazily.

I narrow my eyes, taking a step back instinctively into a battle stance, albeit one without my arms raised to hopefully not put her on edge, "...I have a sinking feeling you identify as a fucking problem."

"No...but I do 'identify' as hungry..." she unfolds her legs, throwing one out dramatically to rise to her feet, "And you look like you identify as breakffaaaasst," she stretched her arms out behind her, yawning as she said 'breakfast', ending it with a loud smack.

"No thanks, I'm not interested in your diet plan..."
"Come on...just a taste..."

I start to step back as she slowly starts strutting towards me, her heels clicking against the sheet metal floor like a runway, but I try as I might; I could not be impressed while being backed into a corner on a fucking gross ass city bus.

Speaking of...

"Hey driver!" I yell passed her, gritting my teeth, "Stop the bus!" I call out, hoping he'll take a peek back and see this strange gothic woman is harassing me and give me a hand in sorting this issue out.

But I don't get a response. Only a resounding silence.

The vampire woman giggles, reaching up and snapping her fingers, which made the bus start to floor it down the street. "He's not going to listen to you...you know...he's completely under my spell..." she outstretches her hand, coming dangerously close to my face and begins waving it in front of me. "Speaking of..

Purple, foggy spectral bats begin forming around her hand, leaving thick trails of black smog; aberrations I could only assume were made out of darkness itself.

"...Hmm..." she lowers her arm in front of her eyes, her nails beginning to elongate considerably, "If that trick isn't going to work...I'll just have to claw my meal out of you..."

"You got the wrong one, I promise you that," I throw my fists up, feeling the chain stuck between my arms clatter and weight me down, keeping me from taking any kind of proper guard. Fuck. Fuck. I'm really going to have to fight this thing with a god damn pair of shackles on my wrists.

"...Oh? It seems like someone already caught you for me..." she gestures at my arms with the slightest wrist movement, "I'm just...aaawwwhhh...cleaning up...." she stretched, half forgetting where she was for a moment.

If she's just going to play with me then I'm not going to sit around and wait for what she's going to do next. I step forward, being more light on my feet than most, and decide to go right into hitting her with a right cross to her fragile looking chin. I feel the chains around my wrist tighten and fight against me, my left arm pulling down on my right as I try to throw it proper-

But I only hit air, a gust of wind blowing hard against my body-Seeing her levitate away and then crash like a comet towards me. She strikes me in the gut with her high heels, sending me back a step, I try to retaliate with a few jabs to punish her shoddy form but she easily dances away from me.

These fucking chains. How am I supposed to fight this bitch if I'm tied up?!

Kicks. That's how. Kicks, knees, and elbows. The hardest parts of my body. I push into her as she steps back, catching her retreat with a front push kick, impacting her soft chest with a satisfying meaty impact. I crouched low, quickly flinging my back foot-and then kicked the seats instead of her. The lack of room in this goddamn bus had trapped my leg.

She flashed her teeth, giggling (admittedly pretty cutely) at my cock up, "Silly boy~!" She leaned away from me, taking a more defused stance-only to narrow her eyes and smirk, "Let the darkness consume you!" She flung her hand in a splashing motion, but instead of flashing air, sent a wave of crackling dark matter careening towards me like a tsunami.

It crashed into my body, taking out my legs and dropping my face into the bus floor. A sharp pain shot through my nose, and my lungs were robbed of all their air. I gagged, fighting to get back to my feet...but instead I was lifted off of my feet.

By her.

She grabbed my chain and pulled me off the floor, dangling me above her effortlessly like she was inspecting a stray kitten before taking it home. "What a strange man..." she thinks out loud to herself, idly blocking my flailing kicks that I was throwing at her. "I think I'll feed on you niiicee and sloowlly..."

She stabbed her fingers into my abdomen, sinking into my flesh like each of her appendages were knives. Blood started pouring out of me and dripping onto the ground, the pain shooting through my stomach and causing me to tense up because I had never been stabbed before. She purred, taking in the scent of my life draining like she was checking the nose on a fine wine.

She reached up with her hand now covered in scarlet, letting her tongue drop from her lips, and slowly lap up what she had ripped out of me. She too froze up, but not out of pain, out of indulgence. Her snake-like pupils began dilating like a kitten with catnip, she ran her tongue all up and down her hand, before lathering it all over her perfect skin and rubbing her cheeks into it.

"This blood..." she coo's, "I haven't had anything like this in centuries!" the tiredness seemed to be stripped from her voice from the flavor of my blood. She stuck her fingers into her mouth, starting to savor every drop. Seeing my chance, I started to shake against her grip strength, but it seemed to do me now good...such a lazy grapple and she already had me at her mercy...how strong was she?!

"No no...momma wants more..." she ran her hand up beneath by shirt and got it all glazed in scarlett again, before devouring it, much more methodically this time. She made extra sure to smear it in all over my body, playing with me like I was just a meal.

Even though we were still barreling through the city with her zombie driver at the helm.

I steeled myself, starting to move my legs again, but instead of kicking her, I worked at one of my shoes...I worked at it until I felt it come loose and start danling onto me by a thread...and then I flung it violently down the aisle. It domed the driver right in the back of the head, sending him forwards and smacking into the horn for a moment, and jostling him just enough to violently turn the wheel.

I braced for impact as the vampire and I were flung hard into the side of the bus, forcing her to drop me and fall to the ground. Unlike her, I was ready for this, getting back up first and grabbing fistfuls of her hair, being sure to wrap it several times around my hands and dragging her close to my knees...Before unloading strike after strike, pulling her head down into my hard bones with each and every round of pain I fired off into her face.

She thrashed, fighting against my hands, and though she was stronger than me, I had tied myself to her with all those lovely black locks, she wasn't going anywhere. I ripped into her until my pants were stained with her blood instead of mine, until with a final strike I tore both handfuls of hair out of her head and sent her to the floor.

I wasn't done yet, I closed both my hands into fists and prepared myself to mount her, hell bent on continuing this pain train of head abuse by bashing her into the floor. She however, had other plans. Faster than my eye could catch she pushed off the floor and kicked me with both legs, cleanly mounting me instead in the same motion.

She gripped the chain once again, pinning my hands to the floor and grabbing me by the throat with her free hand, "...Do you have any idea how long it took for me to get my hair ready this morning?" she scolded me calmly, her hair already growing back how it was as she said this. She squeezed my windpipe with her vampire strength, the world around me growing dimmer and dimmer...until...

Air. I sucked in massive lungfuls of air when she let me go, but my freedom was short lived, because before I could get over basking in my wide new world being able to breathe...both of those fangs sunk themselves into my neck.

I yelped, but the pain died just as soon as I felt it. A uncomfortably pleasant numbness started to wash over my body, making my limbs start to go limp...my eyes half lidded as a deep serenity took me over.

She suckled at my blood, at first aggressively, before she started to get more comfortable in her position of superiority over me. She rested her palm on my cheek, letting her weight relax and letting me bare the full brunt of her body on mine. I always imagine vampires as ice cold, but she was warm, so...so pillowy and comfortable. I couldn't help but start to enjoy her voluptuous body being held against me, her breasts laying across my chest, the feeling of her lips twitching and savoring my flavor.

Deep down I was terrified at the uncertainty of how far she intended to go, did she want to suck me dry? Was she going to wring out every last drop of me against my will? But I didn't have a choice anymore, there was no stopping her until she was satisfied....

My head started to swim from blood loss, the bus came to a steady brake, my heart rate was getting faster and faster, trying in vain to keep up with her unending thirst...

I didn't know how long I laid there, nor did I know when exactly she stopped. But she did stop, her chest easily rising and falling while she laid still on me. I moved my hands, finding that she was no longer holding me in a vice grip. Confused, I started to fight against the numbness and managed to get myself off of the ground, rolling her from on top of me.

...She...

...She fell asleep?!

I scrambled, checking my neck, the holes in my stomach, everywhere on my body to gauge how much I was bleeding, to gauge how fucking tottally dead I was. But I found no wounds on me, not even a scratch or a bruise. She...fixed me?

I sat on my knees, unsure what to make of the situation, though still scanning my skin for more injuries...when I noticed it. The tattoo on the back of my hand writhing and dancing, slithering back and forth steadily like the ink was made of snakes.

I reached down, grabbing the unconscious woman's arm, seeing the pattern grow faster when I made contact with her. I snapped it back, seeing it freeze. "...what the fuck?" I so eloquently commented, peaking over my shoulder to where the bus driver was...seeing him now still like a statue.

"...Why didn't she just feed on him?" I wonder, standing up and rubbing at the chains around my wrists.

I reached down, heaving her up and dropping her over my shoulder, which was a major pain the ass with only half the normal arm motion and only half the normal amount of blood, but I managed. I carried her off the bus, realizing I was too far from my house to just drop her off there...maybe I could take her to Cody? At the worst, he'd probably arrest her too.

If I could explain that she's maybe probably (I don't know I'm not an amnesia expert) important to what the fuck happened to me that had wiped my memory, then I'm honestly not sure how he would react. He'd probably call me delusional and throw me into a looney bin head first, and leave me with these goddamn cuffs on as a souvenir while he's at it too.

What else would you do if someone told you that?

There's a good reason I don't go around asking about who I was, or how I ended up in this city, for all I know I could just be a crackhead who overdosed on some fucked up drug and ruined my brain forever.

I then scolded myself for being so fucking stupid.

I'm holding a real life vampire in my hands, of course he'd believe what I had to say!

I just needed to hope she didn't wake up and try to finish her snack before I got there.