Chapter 7: Choices

Start from the beginning

A conflict of emotions played across Yn's face. The idea of a break seemed foreign, but Emma's insistence carried a warmth that was hard to resist. "I don't want to impose Emma," Yn began, but Emma interrupted with a reassuring smile.

"It's not an imposition. We're friends, Yn. Let me help. It will help me to feel a little less guilty, and you need this," Emma asserted, emphasizing the importance of self-care.

After a moment of contemplation, Yn sighed, a blend of gratitude and reluctance in her expression. "Alright, I will be back soon; just call or let the doctor know if something goes wrong."

Emma nodded, understanding the delicate balance Yn was striving to maintain. "Don't worry I will take care of him.Go and recharge."

......

Jungkook gazed out of the window, feeling something bothering him ever since he had met Yn. He couldn't shake the uncertainty about her thoughts. Was she just like any other woman? That's what he initially thought, but now something felt different.

Even amidst the top models that surrounded him, Jungkook had never felt a true connection with any of them, not even Aera. Aera was undeniably attractive and had the ability to make men fall for her, but Jungkook didn't feel the same way about her. She possessed everything society deemed perfect—a pretty face, a great body, and intelligence. Aera was undoubtedly smart, knowing exactly when to speak and when to remain silent.

On the contrary, Yn was nothing like Aera. Yes, she was beautiful, but there was something truly special about her. Her beauty had a unique charm, a youthful innocence that was the opposite of what Jungkook usually found appealing.

That day, Jungkook was uncertain about Yn's feelings. When they were close, she seemed to relish it—every touch, every moment. However, as they parted ways, he couldn't shake off a strange feeling.

Her expression had changed, leaving Jungkook puzzled. He couldn't pinpoint what it was, but it left a lingering uncertainty in the air.

Replaying the events in his mind, he found himself struggling with the mixed signals he received from Yn. Her enjoyment was evident, but the subtle change in her expression left him questioning what exactly was going on in her mind. It added another layer of complexity to the already perplexing emotions he was experiencing.

Jungkook felt strange inside, and he didn't like it. He tried to convince himself that Yn was just a temporary fix to satisfy his desires. But deep down, he knew things weren't that simple.

He usually kept his emotions in check, especially when it came to relationships. However, Yn's presence seemed to disrupt his usual composure. Jungkook was puzzled by why she affected him this way. There was something within her that he was willing to explore. He had never been one to pursue a serious relationship because he had never found one.

He tried to rationalize that Yn was just someone he could be with to fulfill his desires. Yet, there was more to it than he wanted to admit. It was like a tug-of-war inside him, leaving him uncertain about what he truly wanted and where things were heading.

Lost in his thoughts, Jungkook's phone screen suddenly glowed, and he saw a message from Aera: "We have to take Yohan for a regular checkup. Come home soon." He sighed as he replied with an okay.

He had never intended to hurt Aera, vehemently denying the arranged marriage his father had declared. On the day his father announced the union to Aera, he made it clear that she meant nothing to him. He never saw her romantically; she was like a little sister to him.

Resisting the imposition of a relationship he never wanted, circumstances compelled Jungkook to marry her for the company he had worked for his entire life. Despite Aera's deep feelings for him, he saw her as nothing more than a mere acquaintance.