Chapter 7: Choices

𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 7: 𝕮𝖍𝖔𝖎𝖈𝖊𝖘

   𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 7: 𝕮𝖍𝖔𝖎𝖈𝖊𝖘

Yn entered Mark's hospital room, a warm smile on her face, holding two cups of coffee and some treats. Inside, she found Emma seated, and Jhon, her son, lay beside Mark. Yn couldn't help but notice the peaceful scene, with both Mark and Jhon having dozed off.She smiled Mark looked so better since Jhon arrived they where non stop chatting about one or the other thing.

"Did they fall asleep?" Yn softly inquired in a low voice, handing Emma a cup of coffee. Emma nodded, concern etched on her face. "Yeah, should I move Jhon? He moves a lot, and I don't want him to disturb Mark's stitches," she asked, looking at Jhon and Mark.

Smiling, Yn reassured her, "No need. I'm sure Mark is getting better just by having Jhon visit him; he missed Jhon a lot and his stitches are somewhat healed don't worry."

Emma smiled sadly. "Yeah, even Jhon was missing him. He was so happy when I told him that he will be visiting Mark soon," she said. As they sat together, Yn could sense Emma's unease; she knew Emma was still feeling sorry and guilty for what had happened cause the amount of times Emma phoned her to say sorry.

"I'm sorry, Yn," Emma mumbled, breaking the silence, and Yn offered a comforting smile, realizing that the road to recovery was both physical and emotional for everyone involved.

"I should have paid more attention," Emma said, holding Yn's hand tightly. Her eyes showed the distress she felt. "I was shocked. They both were playing, and all of a sudden, Mark collapsed and started vomiting blood. I was so shocked," she explained, tears welling up in her eyes.

Yn offered a reassuring smile, gently squeezing Emma's hand. "It's alright, Emma. I understand. Don't stress about this. If you had known, I'm sure you would have prevented it."

Emma struggled to find the right words. "It must be hard for you," she finally admitted, and Yn smiled at her sadly. "Hmm,It had happened before, when he was 4," Yn quietly mumbled, sharing a moment of shared grief and understanding with Emma.

Emma's eyes held genuine concern as she observed Yn, detecting the subtle signs of fatigue etched on her face. "You look tired," she remarked, her voice laced with compassion.

Yn managed a weary smile, appreciating Emma's perceptiveness. "Well, it comes with the territory," she replied, acknowledging the demanding nature of caring for Mark.

Emma, undeterred, leaned in a bit, her voice gentle yet firm. "How about you go and visit your house? I'm sure it's been a while since you went."

Yn hesitated, her thoughts immediately gravitating towards Mark's needs. "I appreciate that, Emma, but Mark needs me, and I don't want to leave him alone."

Emma, understanding the weight of Yn's responsibilities, offered a reassuring suggestion. "James is out for a meeting, so he won't be back for a while anyway. I am pretty much free today, and I'm here. Why don't you take a day for yourself? I can stay with Mark; he'll be in good hands.I will take care of him I promise"