»»» 𝔦𝔦𝔦.𝔦𝔦𝔦

Start from the beginning

Because, while their friendship wasn't as prominent as his and Michael's—because, despite what Clint had said that morning, he did appreciate Michael as a friend—, Truth and Clint had their own bonding activity.

"Just because I have a brother doesn't mean I want to see him all the time," Truth argued. "I've seen his face almost every day since before we were born."

Clint sighed and began to shake out his arms, bouncing on the balls of his feet to get the blood flowing. Truth held back a smile, because Clint could act nervous all he wanted, but she knew deep down that he wanted to see where this would go. Clint was one of the only people who was enthusiastic about her powers—and, the best part was that it wasn't about what he could profit from it, but rather giving Truth the courage to test her limits. He was like a little kid on Christmas whenever she came to him about a new training idea.

"Okay," Clint said. "Okay. Just do it. Don't drop me, okay?"

"Promise," Truth said with a smile, her own excitement showing. "I'm always true to my word."

Clint snorted.

"I told you to stop making those jokes. They aren't that funny."

"Neither are your dad jokes, but here we are, old man."

Clint raised a finger and pointed at her.

"See, you think you're funny, but you're not the one with a quiver full of arrows right now, are you?"

Truth shrugged, taking his threat in stride.

"And I'm not the one doing a trust fall."

Then, without warning, she extended her hand, imagining an invisible force stretching and stretching and stretching until it cupped the bottom of Clint's shoes and climbed up to his knees. With a grunt, Truth pushed up, straining to use enough force to lift him off the ground.

"Shit," Clint said once he started to feel his feet shifting. In an effort to stay balanced, he flailed his arms.

"Stop...doing that," Truth grounded out, fighting to extend her reach up to his torso to keep him up straight. "You're going to—"

Sure enough, Clint tipped over with an alarming shriek, and Truth made another motion with her hands in a last-ditch effort to keep him from face-planting on the mat.

A second passed, during which the both of them were stunned into silence. Truth stared with wide eyes before letting out an exhilarated laugh.

"See!" she exclaimed, motioning to turn the floating Clint around so he was facing her and laughing at the deadpan expression staring up at her. "I told you I wouldn't let you fall!"

"Truth," Clint said calmly. Or, at least as calm as one could be when they were hanging upside down by an invisible force. "Could you, maybe, put me right-side up?"

She pouted.

"Oh, you're no fun."