»»» 𝔦𝔦𝔦.𝔦

Start from the beginning

Besides, she also considered her gifts a private thing. She only ever used them casually around a select amount of people, and she was most comfortable using them in secluded places.

So, now that she had less time to practice, she tried to use her telekinesis as much as possible inside her apartment. That included cleaning, cooking, or whatever hobby she'd recently taken up. She usually did this while doing other things, teaching herself to multitask with perfection.

Tonight was no different. So, while she mentally walked through the motions of taking the milk out of the fridge and pulling the cereal box out of the cupboard, she strolled aimlessly through her apartment, stopping to browse through her overcrowded bookshelf as she thought about her task for the night.

Truth and Natasha would always go to the Training Room with their own goals in mind. Sometimes they were so caught up in their tasks that they didn't even utter more than a few words to one another.

Other times, they'd talk for hours.

"What language was that?" Natasha had asked one night. Truth had been polishing a few of her favorite combat knives when she'd accidentally poured too much of the metal polish on a blade while watching the redhead walk through moves with a katana. Irritated, Truth had muttered a curse in Greek and Natasha had overheard.

They'd broached the topic of languages once before. Natasha often cursed in Russian, and Truth would reply with something sassy in response:

"Moči perhoti!"
dandruff urine

"Hm. Skažite mne èto po-anglijski."
say it to me in English

"Zatknisʹ."
shut up

This had been the first time the roles were reversed, but Natasha had found to her surprise that she hadn't recognized the language spoken.

"It was Greek. Russian and English aren't the only languages I'm fluent in."

"And how does one find the need to be fluent in Greek?"

"I was born in Greece," Truth had revealed. "It's one of the first languages I learned."

Natasha had hummed thoughtfully.

"Tiếng Nga và tiếng Anh cũng không phải là những ngôn ngữ duy nhất mà tôi biết."
Russian and English aren't the only two languages I know, either.

Vietnamese.

"To kan spille det spillet, Widow."
Two can play that game, Widow.

Norwegian.

Turned out Truth was fluent in three more languages than Natasha—not including Malay, which Natasha had protested that she knew enough to handle herself in a conversation—while Natasha was fluent in Farsi and Truth was not. This put their tally for their little competitive games at two to one, to Truth's satisfaction.

Smiling fondly at the memory, Truth's gaze fell on one of her Greek books. Most of it was in English, detailing the sites and histories of her country, but there was a lot of Greek vocabulary sprinkled inside its pages. An idea flitted through her mind, and without debate, she picked up the aging volume and grabbed her cereal on her way out the door.