27

𝐑𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠

"I'm going to kick Stefan's ass

"I'm going to kick Stefan's ass."

Damon sat up, beyond livid at the crook in his newly healed neck. It wasn't often that his little brother got one up on him-in fact Stefan never got one up on him but tonight he'd caught him off guard. Using a tactic Damon would otherwise be proud of, he'd thrown him off with words, fucked with his head a little thenstruck from behind with a quick neck snap.

And they call me the shady one.

Ripper Stefan had no chill.

They'd been discussing the day's events when Stefan had brought up comments he'd had made in the midst of his earlier delurium. He'd implied that Damon cared for Bonnie more so than he let on.

"Her scent never got to you like this before. In the cave, you even proposed a threesome with her and Klaus. What was that about?"

Damon didn't recall making such a comment. And if he had he was just talking shit. Sure Bonnie was bangable but her judgey mouth and holier-than-thou attitude would just complicate things. Besides, if he were going to do a threesome the LAST participant he'd invite would be a male werewolf. Wolf piss was not an appealing scent.

"You're talking out of your ass Little Brother."

Stefan shrugged.

"Hey, you're the one who said it, not me. I'm not surprised though. You being sweet on a Bennett again makes sense. After Emily."

That caused Damon to raise a brow. Where did he get that idea?

"What the hell are you talking about?"

Stefan leaned back in his seat, swirling the alcohol in his glass.

"Oh you know. I was there back then, remember? I saw you two interact."

Interact like how?

"She was Katherine's handmaiden."

"Katherine's beautiful, young, handmaiden. I noticed the way you looked at her."

Damon rolled his eyes at the implication.

"I looked at her like I looked at all of the help."

Respectful and fair in his human days. He'd been somewhat of a sap.

"Katherine noticed too," Stefan ignored his remark, "Even before you turned, there was some sort of curiosity there. Why do you think she sold her out to the council?"

Was he on werewolf blood right now?

"Because she's Katherine Pierce that's why. She'll do anything to save her own ass. Duplicitous is her middle name."

Of all people they would know. The vamp had played the both of them from the start.

"Those pouty lips..." Stefan whispered conspiratorially.