22

𝐒𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐨𝐚𝐝

Bonnie decided on a stone as the vessel

Bonnie decided on a stone as the vessel. Given the innate magical properties and easy accessibility it was the best solution. Grams had explained as much before her passing. She'd owned quite a gem collection and was planning to teach her more about the power of crystals. After her death it had ended up locked in the attic with the rest of her things so as not to remind Bonnie's dad of "that occult crap" as he called it. But she had taken a couple and hidden them in her dresser.

As time was of the essence the mated pair ignored all speed laws, hurrying back to the Bennett house for the gem. Because it was her place, she insisted on driving but the stubborn hybrid refused to be "chauffeured" by his mate. Normally she'd have put up a fight but his heat already had him extra prickly. The entire ride she watched as he grew more agitated. His eyes kept flashing as he cursed the other cars on the road, a couple of times he looked like he was going to jump out and rip the drivers apart. It was when he shifted in his seat that she noticed the large bulge in his lap.

It hadn't gone down since the kiss back at the cabin.

Ugh, wolves and their phasing hormones!

But who had time to have (mind-blowing, fever inducing absolutely gasp-worthy) phasing alpha hybrid sex at a time like this? She had friends to save! To his credit though, he hadn't tried for more than the kiss. His mind seemed to be focused on killing Greta. It was his body that seemed to object.

If he could hold on a little longer, maybe after Greta was gone they could sneak in a quickie before dealing with Esther.

"This'll only take two seconds," Bonnie announced as he pulled up before her home.

Of course he knew where she lived. Sneaky hybrid always did his research.

It didn't occur to her until she reached the front door that this was another previously restricted part of her life that she was opening up to the Original.

"You can come in."

Words she'd never expected to utter for Klaus Mikaelson.

He stepped inside, the moment not lost on him as their eyes connected again.

"Thank you."

She could see something there too, something not unlike the feelings she was still struggling to understand within herself. More than heat-lust and phasing hormones. But she didn't have time to dwell on it as Matt, Stefan and Damon were in danger.

"Follow me."
—————-

If Klaus had been edgy on his way to Bonnie's, the ride to Stefan's was even worse. Now that they were on the brink of battle his wolf was scratching to unleash his aggression. The hybrid was swerving, cursing and damn near running people off the road.